More content/guides/how-to's

edited February 2011 in Help and Suggestions
I've put this off for ages now as it has the tendency to either make people feel pressured, make the forum look shitty, or even both. However, just bear with me for a second and take this as a complete suggestion.

Basically, I feel that we've done well so far in terms of the content which we have produced. We've got a good number of articles and guides written which is great, but as we're a community which is trying to grow then I think we should be working together a little more in order to try and push some more content out onto the internet.

Guides can be written on absolutely anything you want. If you're looking for the Bad-Ideas type people to read it, then write a guide on making bombs or night-ops, or something like that. If you want to attract the hacking audience then write up something about breaking into networks. The most important thing though, is to write about something which you know and enjoy a lot.

We've got some very smart members here, but we could be attracting many more just by producing more content in the form of well structured guides and informative threads. I believe that we're a very lucky community as we're pretty much one of the only places left which discusses half the shit which we do, and we should take advantage of this fact to produce a whole load of new content for the masses to read!

So, if you're up for writing something - anything at all, then just go for it. If you're looking to suggest some guides then check the thread in my sig.

Comments

• DfgDfg Admin
    edited January 2011
    ^This and remember your guides will get published and they will get featured in articles and books in future, hell even in a Magazine!

Also, if you want to help out more then join up for CMS access and help us move the guides and articles to Totse Articles sections.

Plus, redditing really helps. If everyone just upvoted few reddit threads [hint: like the one I post] you will get massive amount of traffic and users. I am really sorry for being a bit behind things but I am slowly getting up to speed.

<3
  • edited January 2011
    Yea we definitely need to get some more useful content going in this bitch. Without guides and text files, we will just turn into zoklet with all of its nonsensical stupidity. I'm gonna start thinking up some guides/how-to's and i'll be posting them, hopefully, a lot more often in the near future.

Wonderful, I'm glad you understand - means I wrote that all alright :D. Thanks dude, you're going to be one of hopefully many people to write some content.

May I also suggest that asking questions is often a great way of generating content and discussion. If someone asks a question, someone else can answer it.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited January 2011
    I haven't done anything recently, and it might be a bit before I actually do anything useful. So you'll have to wait for guides on Chink culture :o
  • edited February 2011
    Mayberry wrote: »
    I haven't done anything recently, and it might be a bit before I actually do anything useful. So you'll have to wait for guides on Chink culture :o

No worries bro, that's cool. Maybe you could find a second to write some ideas down in the thread which is in my sig? I'm quite interested in writing more content, but people can't pull ideas out of their ass all the time!
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited February 2011
    Dammit, my Internet is being a FUCKING WHORE. Sorry guys for being in active for a while. I can't do anything about it atm :(