Dead Space 2

Rumple ForeskinRumple Foreskin Regular
edited February 2011 in Spurious Generalities
I just got dead space 2 and im about an hour and a half into it on normal. So far Im loving it! I havent played dead space since I beat it about a year ago and I forgot how much I loved the atmosphere. The story is pretty good, good enough to keep you interested and the action keeps you on your toes. Anyone else played dead space 2 and/or the original? I havent checked out multiplayer yet.

Comments

• edited February 2011
    I haven't played it yet but I was seriously considering getting it. I just heard from Screwattack that there has actually been talks of making a Dead Space movie, but they were only going to release it if it wasn't a huge pile of crap.
  • kfc v lotkfc v lot Regular
    edited February 2011
    Hmm any good? I am about halfway through teh first one just on that damned soldier's ship I do get pissed off by respawning corpses meaning I have to keep going back and curb stomping them :|
  • IndulgenceIndulgence Regular
    edited February 2011
    It looks like another generic video game ripoff of Aliens. I might pirate it because I like sci-fi and sickening violence, but I can't really see myself buying it. If I wanted to spend $60 on a game I'd play Xbox. Fuck that.
  • duuudeduuude Regular
    edited February 2011
    I'm too scared to play it by myself. :(
  • Rumple ForeskinRumple Foreskin Regular
    edited February 2011
    it keeps getting better and better. im about half way finished with the game and im excited to play through this a second time. its a lot of fun. if you liked the first one id say get dead space 2. it definitely deserves the praise its getting so far
  • StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited February 2011
    I liked the first Dead Space. The atmosphere was perfect for the game and it succeeded at being scary. I think video games have cornered the scaring market over movies. They're more immersive so its easier to getchoo! Glad to hear Dead Space 2 is just as good. I'll have to get it.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited February 2011
    I thought the first game was fun at first but it got old really quickly. The setting never changed and I hated the fact that you had to dismember the Necromorphs to kill them. I might get the second one when the price drops.
  • kfc v lotkfc v lot Regular
    edited February 2011
    Dunno I reckon if I played it on easy or moderate it wouldn't be scarey.. I am playing it(DS1) on hard trying to do the plasma cutter challenge it those time when you have five shots and one burst of stasis and there's three necromorphs coming at you.