Favorite fast food item?

acid_dropacid_drop Regular
edited February 2011 in Life
For me it was the Angry Whopper. I died a little inside when they discontinued it.

Comments

• thewandererthewanderer Regular
    edited February 2011
    acid_drop wrote: »
    For me it was the Angry Whopper. I died a little inside when they discontinued it.

The Angry Tendercrisp was so good.
  • My Mom Is DeadMy Mom Is Dead Regular
    edited February 2011
    Carl's Jr burgers. Nothing particular--just melted cheese, lettuce, burger wrapped in a bun. Criss-cut fries with lots of ketchup.

If I were rich enough, I'd ask if they could put some chilli on it. :cool:
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited February 2011
    Volcano burritos from taco bell with double whoppers being a close second.
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited February 2011
    Not really "fast food" but they stopped selling 'lays chips" in Australia.
  • blindbatblindbat Regular
    edited February 2011
    chilli cheese fries
  • acid_dropacid_drop Regular
    edited February 2011
    Not really "fast food" but they stopped selling 'lays chips" in Australia.

The entire product line? That's a whole ass ton of chips man. I really don't eat chips anyway though, aside from tortilla chips with salsa.
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited February 2011
    ^^^^^^ :( yep, you can't find the lays brand in the supermarket anymore. If you're lucky you can find some in little foreign delicacy stores.

They may have just been rebranded, but no other brand has their taste. :(
    edited February 2011
    ^^^^^^ :( yep, you can't find the lays brand in the supermarket anymore. If you're lucky you can find some in little foreign delicacy stores.

They may have just been rebranded, but no other brand has their taste. :(

My country doesn't make anything anymore. Not even chips :facepalm: Fuck.
  • edited February 2011
    I really don't eat much fast food anymore, which sucks. I had a meatball subway sandwich today though, which actually RULED.
  • Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited February 2011
    CRUNCH WRAP SUPREME!!! bitchez
  • MantikoreMantikore Regular
    edited February 2011
    Fillet o fish
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited February 2011
    Mantikore wrote: »
    Fillet o fish

This. Although Filet-O-Fish would be more accurate :hai:
  • edited February 2011
    I don't eat fast food and shit.
  • edited February 2011
    Pakistanis sniff cum
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited February 2011
    mcdonaldsapplepie2.jpg

Could eat these forever. If our Maccy D's wasn't so far I'd go now...
  • duuudeduuude Regular
    edited February 2011
    I don't know who has a Zaxby's here, but their buffalo chicken finger plate is the shit
  • edited February 2011
    YES REMADE! Those things are badass, but have they gotten smaller over the years? I swear they used to be much bigger than that :(
  • duuudeduuude Regular
    edited February 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    YES REMADE! Those things are badass, but have they gotten smaller over the years? I swear they used to be much bigger than that :(

They probably have.. but you can get two for a dollar these days :D
  • JestAJestA Regular
    edited February 2011
    Blakes. lota burger combo with green chile. Oh and seasoned fries
  • MooseKnuckleMooseKnuckle Regular
    edited February 2011
    curly fries
  • kfc v lotkfc v lot Regular
    edited February 2011
    I rarley ever eat fast food these days as I work on the theory if I want it enough I'll make it myself and it'll taste better.
    Takeaway pizza is damn nice but haven't had that for a while. I make my own but the dough never tastes the same nice but not quite right..
  • StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited February 2011
    I love the mushroom swiss angus burger from Hardee's. That is my all-time favorite until I find something better.
    edited February 2011
    I love the mushroom swiss angus burger from Hardee's. That is my all-time favorite until I find something better.

The mushroom and swiss from Steak n' Shake is much much better.
  • IndulgenceIndulgence Regular
    edited February 2011
    I don't know if this counts as fast food, but Five Guys. Bacon cheeseburger with sauteed onions, mushrooms, A1, mayonnaise, lettuce, tomato and the obligatory hugeass bag of fries. Hooooly shit.
  • Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited February 2011
    ^^^Jizz-Worthy
  • edited February 2011
    kfc v lot wrote: »
    I rarley ever eat fast food these days as I work on the theory if I want it enough I'll make it myself and it'll taste better.
    Takeaway pizza is damn nice but haven't had that for a while. I make my own but the dough never tastes the same nice but not quite right..

Making pizza at home is a little tricky, pizza ovens have a slate bottom that holds heat and transfers it directly to the bottom of the metal pizza pan, making for a nice firm fully cooked crust. There are pizza stones available, but they are usually quite thin and have little effect unless you put the pizza right on them while they are hot, good method if you have a pizza spatula and are familiar with using cornmeal to stop it from sticking.

One method I have used in conventional ovens is to take out the fuse for the top element. Then heat the oven to 375f/190c and toss in the pizza on a well oiled baking pan. Cook it until the crust rises a bit, then turn it up to 450c/220f. The element should kick on for a while and toast up the bottom of the pizza. Check it every two minutes or so, and once it is getting brown, turn the oven down so the element is off and wait a bit for the top to brown. Not the best, but passable.

C/O
    "pizza is proof of gods love for his creation, just like meth"
  • duuudeduuude Regular
    edited February 2011
    Indulgence wrote: »
    I don't know if this counts as fast food, but Five Guys. Bacon cheeseburger with sauteed onions, mushrooms, A1, mayonnaise, lettuce, tomato and the obligatory hugeass bag of fries. Hooooly shit.

Oh fuck yeah
  • kfc v lotkfc v lot Regular
    edited February 2011
    Making pizza at home is a little tricky, pizza ovens have a slate bottom that holds heat and transfers it directly to the bottom of the metal pizza pan, making for a nice firm fully cooked crust. There are pizza stones available, but they are usually quite thin and have little effect unless you put the pizza right on them while they are hot, good method if you have a pizza spatula and are familiar with using cornmeal to stop it from sticking.

One method I have used in conventional ovens is to take out the fuse for the top element. Then heat the oven to 375f/190c and toss in the pizza on a well oiled baking pan. Cook it until the crust rises a bit, then turn it up to 450c/220f. The element should kick on for a while and toast up the bottom of the pizza. Check it every two minutes or so, and once it is getting brown, turn the oven down so the element is off and wait a bit for the top to brown. Not the best, but passable.

C/O
    "pizza is proof of gods love for his creation, just like meth"

Wow that's a fucking brilliant answer! Cheers!
    Hmm I I will have to look into this even further.
  • MrBennMrBenn Regular
    edited February 2011
    KFC...Wicked Zinger meal
  • edited February 2011
    MrBenn wrote: »
    KFC...Wicked Zinger meal

I agree with this one too actually. Loved that meal. In fact, KFC rules and now I want one.
  • edited February 2011
    Do donairs count as fast food? Cuz I have been living off these $1.99 falafel donairs from a shop down the street, dirt cheap and good. They try to sucker you in with a sprinkle of cheese for an extra $1, but thats just good business.