Anon &T account

edited February 2011 in Help and Suggestions
Can we get an anonymous Totse account registered here for the purpose of posting operation plans and anything else which needs to be strictly anonymous?

The account could be registered by someone on a VPN/multiple proxies/sitting outside someone's house during a wardrive, would go under a totally random username and would be accessed ONLY by someone who has the correct login details (which can be changed after every time the account is used) and is using sufficient proxies and cover-up methods themselves.

This account would provide much better anonymity to users wanting to post ideas for sketchy shit.

Discuss.
Disregard that, I suck cocks.

Comments

• SemSem Regular
    edited February 2011
    How would the login credentials be distributed and to whom?

If it's a select group of people (say all of the mods) then it's a bit easier to narrow it down if shit were to hit the fan. If it's open to everyone there would be the risk of people using the account for lulz (for good or ill) or determining credibility.
  • edited February 2011
    Sem wrote: »
    How would the login credentials be distributed and to whom?

If it's a select group of people (say all of the mods) then it's a bit easier to narrow it down if shit were to hit the fan. If it's open to everyone there would be the risk of people using the account for lulz (for good or ill) or determining credibility.

I think a couple of the high-staff should know the account credentials. When a user needs the account, they would have to PM an account holder to get the credentials with a GOOD reason. When they get the account password, they can then log in and post their shit anonymously.

After the user has made their post, they log out and an account holder changes the password.

Since the account holder KNOWS who is using the account, they will know if anyone fucks up when using it and appropriate action can be taken. If the user changes the password, an admin can reset it straight away and issue a ban on the original user, or something.
  • timtim Acolyte
    edited February 2011
    Why name it anonymous if another user (a mod) is going to know who is using it at a particular time? Takes the whole meaning out of anon imo

I would suggest finding some kind of extension or mod that would add in the option of posting anonymously, then perhaps limiting what boards anon can be used on. Then again I have not worked with vBulletin in a LONG time so I am clueless as to if that is even possible.
  • SemSem Regular
    edited February 2011
    What Tim posted is true as the person using the account would be relying on the admin's trustworthyness to not reveal whom they are.
  • skunkskunk Regular
    edited February 2011
    What you're saying is you want a shared sock puppet for people with access to the login to post things of a questionable legal nature sanctioned by totse, right?
  • edited February 2011
    Pakistanis sniff cum
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited February 2011
    Everybody just make a fake account to post with.
  • edited February 2011
    OP is a stupid fool
    If you truly must post something illegal, don't bring the mods into it.

Illegalities wouldn't be involved, as that would be removed under moderator rules anyway.

And Mayberry, what about dupe accounts? They're frowned upon :( This would remove the consequences of duping.

I dunno, probably is a retarded idea :facepalm:
  • KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
    edited February 2011
    I made one before, but I can't find the thread...
  • edited February 2011
    Pakistanis sniff cum
  • KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
    edited February 2011
    So if it's not for illegalities, why would anyone use it.

This.

Don't tell me totse is going to have gay illegalities rules like cocklet. So long as murder isn't being discussed who gives a fuck?
    edited February 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    And Mayberry, what about dupe accounts? They're frowned upon :( This would remove the consequences of duping.

Well aren't we in a pickle.
  • edited February 2011
    Alright alright, stupid idea. Thanks for the input :D
  • DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited February 2011
    Such a fail idea trx. :rolleyes:
  • edited February 2011
    Pakistanis sniff cum
  • DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited February 2011
    everyone keep making Trx feel like shit

wow, total dumbass. An anonymous acc that EVERYONE has access to. pssh

:rolleyes:
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited February 2011
    :facepalm:
  • PhilosoraptorPhilosoraptor Regular
    edited February 2011
    Fail idea is fail.
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited February 2011
    This isn't 4chan faggot.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited February 2011
    OP=giant fag
    this thread should be stickied to the top of every forum so everyone sees what a big dumb fag trx100 is.
    fag

Or he could just follow in your footsteps.
  • edited February 2011
    Pakistanis sniff cum
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited February 2011
    This thread is going off topic. Let's keep about how fail trx100's idea was:o:o
    edited February 2011
    Out of the frying pan and into the transvestite's gaping anus.