Bad publicity

KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
edited February 2011 in Spurious Generalities
I think we are advertising totse in the wrong way. It seems like we are trying to get the old totseans back, but face it, it's not going to happen. They have grown up and are too mature for this "totse stuff".

You people need to face the fact that totse is a children's site, more specifically "criminal" children. The way to attract these children is bad publicity.

If parents tell their kids to avoid this "totse site", these rebellious kids are certainly going to visit totse. Bad publicity = Good publicity to the bad crowed. :cool:

So now the question is, How do we get bad publicity? :confused:

Comments

• DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited February 2011
    I really hope we can avoid rebellious teens as much as possible. Why would you want a bunch of teens who think they are criminals since they broke into a car once:rolleyes:
  • edited February 2011
    Personally, I think we need to begin by getting a large amount of content present on the site. Things which are up to date and relevant with today's day and age. There is already a stickied thread regarding this issue in the Help and Suggestions section, so go and read it.

During and after the time where we have the content online, we need to plan operations big and small. These can involve anything from distributing fliers around town to trolling major TV companies, hacking more roadsigns, burning down billboards etc.

I have no idea, just think of some crazy shit to do. Then there comes the problem of a LOT of people not actually DOING the operations (Look at Fuck Your Wall, for example). We also need to find a way around that.
  • KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
    edited February 2011
    I really hope we can avoid rebellious teens as much as possible. Why would you want a bunch of teens who think they are criminals since they broke into a car once:rolleyes:

I'll place a $50 bet that 90% of totseans came here as rebellious teens. :mad:
  • edited February 2011

Yo, I think you're missing the point that rebellious teens who come here and act like douche bags will get flamed to shit anyway. If they're too young to be here, then they will pack up and leave sharpish. If they're a promising member then they'll stick through the flaming and turn into a good member.

It's happened to a LOT of us - even me :D
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited February 2011
    Already got some bad rep without even trying :facepalm:

http://www.totse.info/bbs/showthread.php?t=11413
  • PhilosoraptorPhilosoraptor Regular
    edited February 2011
    I am currently formulating a plan which 18 an under totseans can carry out and can possibly get news coverage, I'm just doing a little more research, I should have it posted soon though.
  • DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited February 2011
    Try finding a news reporter and hit him/her[preferably her] with a bat with the text [TOTSE.info] stamped on it? :confused:

I won't have the guts to do it. :S
  • PhilosoraptorPhilosoraptor Regular
    edited February 2011
    ^ Ah your thinking way too small my friend, my plan, if carried out correctly, not only will not get you in legal trouble if carried out correctly, but can seriously bone someones future. I'll post when I'm off work, totse is banned at my workplace and i would rather not type it all out on my cell phone.
  • edited February 2011
    Dysgraphia wrote: »
    Try finding a news reporter and hit him/her[preferably her] with a bat with the text [TOTSE.info] stamped on it? :confused:

I won't have the guts to do it. :S

I don't think this is a very realistic idea. Maybe sticker slapping or actually stamping the reporter in the face would be a good one ;)
  • BigHarryDickBigHarryDick Cock Bite
    edited February 2011
    It wont happen all of you are too pussy to

do anything for this site. Just keep

dreaming little piggies.
  • edited February 2011

dreaming little piggies.

qft
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited February 2011

dreaming little piggies.

For me it comes down to the fact that I'm not risking arrest or a website. Totse is awesome but if I'm gonna commit a crime it needs to benefit me personally.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited February 2011
    Drug someone, then tattoo the site on their forehead.
  • LordWormLordWorm Regular
    edited February 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    Personally, I think we need to begin by getting a large amount of content present on the site. Things which are up to date and relevant with today's day and age. There is already a stickied thread regarding this issue in the Help and Suggestions section, so go and read it.

During and after the time where we have the content online, we need to plan operations big and small. These can involve anything from distributing fliers around town to trolling major TV companies, hacking more roadsigns, burning down billboards etc.

I have no idea, just think of some crazy shit to do. Then there comes the problem of a LOT of people not actually DOING the operations (Look at Fuck Your Wall, for example). We also need to find a way around that.

This.
    edited February 2011
    How about we blow up the world tra -o wait...
    edited February 2011
    Content is useless if it can't be found...
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited February 2011
    ^Yes, I got it.
  • edited February 2011
    Shit stirring and drama are great ways of getting publicity - take yesterday's Twitcam Girls drama for example. Now do the same sort of thing to a different organization, maybe email news companies to try and get a story posted if it's worth it.
  • duuudeduuude Regular
    edited February 2011
    Shit stirring and drama are great ways of getting publicity - take yesterday's Twitcam Girls drama for example. Now do the same sort of thing to a different organization, maybe email news companies to try and get a story posted if it's worth it.

This. Something like the twitcam thread is perfect, because it got people on twitter freaking out and tweeting the link to the thread, and yet nothing is illegal that could get anyone in trouble.
  • edited February 2011
    This is something I want Paco to get into with his army. If someone can start off some drama, the rest of the army can jump in and help with the stirring.
    edited February 2011
    How about we start a thing about totse being a "terrorist and bombmaking" site led by a radical paki. Anything terrorist = shitstorm.
  • edited February 2011
    How about we start a thing about totse being a "terrorist and bombmaking" site led by a radical paki. Anything terrorist = shitstorm.

I tried starting something similar in a mother's forum, but my thread was deleted :mad:
  • JestAJestA Regular
    edited February 2011
    I could hand out flyers at my school.
    RjBs4.jpg
    I4hR8.jpg
    ones along the lines of this maybe ^^^^
  • edited February 2011
    JestA wrote: »
    I could hand out flyers at my school.
    ones along the lines of this maybe ^^^^

Go for it! If you're putting them on walls and noticeboards, I find that they stay up much longer if they look as though they're MEANT to be there. Don't go retarded and throw them around the place, just pin them up in a tidy fashion where people will see them.

Hand them out too, good idea.
  • JestAJestA Regular
    edited February 2011
    Go for it! If you're putting them on walls and noticeboards, I find that they stay up much longer if they look as though they're MEANT to be there. Don't go retarded and throw them around the place, just pin them up in a tidy fashion where people will see them.

Hand them out too, good idea.

But i only have those 2 dessigns. to hand out and pin up. could you or some one else Pm me others designs like such?
  • edited February 2011
    JestA wrote: »
    But i only have those 2 dessigns. to hand out and pin up. could you or some one else Pm me others designs like such?

If you're looking for a shit load of designs then check this thread - http://totse.info/bbs/showthread.php?t=9001

There are a lot of small designs in there, but plenty of poster sized ones too :D
  • JestAJestA Regular
    edited February 2011
    Awsome Thanks. i will distribute many around campos and the mall.
  • LordWormLordWorm Regular
    edited February 2011
    I like the idea of fliers. The high schools around here aren't large enough for such a method to be worthwhile, otherwise I'd definitely try that.

I was also thinking about video advertising. My YouTube vids have a total of 125 000 views. Maybe I should add a link to Totse in the description of some of them.
  • edited February 2011
    LordWorm wrote: »
    I like the idea of fliers. The high schools around here aren't large enough for such a method to be worthwhile, otherwise I'd definitely try that.

I was also thinking about video advertising. My YouTube vids have a total of 125 000 views. Maybe I should add a link to Totse in the description of some of them.

Get on it. Every little helps, and as soon as everyone gets helping then we will be well on our way. Hell, even tagging with a sharpie in public toilets is a good laugh.

I just had an idea actually, about making some Totse documentation which could be printed off and left laying around. You could even mail them to high end businesses and news companies, for the lulz.
  • edited February 2011
    Here's something I wrote up which might take the fancy of the cooler totseans ;) - http://totse.info/bbs/showthread.php?t=10143
  • edited February 2011
    Send envelopes of harmless white powder to local news-stations.
  • edited February 2011
    Send envelopes of harmless white powder to local news-stations.

Again, an interesting idea but how many people would actually do it? Thinking about it, it wouldn't really be a very hard thing to do although it might end you up in some trouble if caught for wasting people's time.

Keep this one on the maybe pile.
  • edited February 2011
    What will the legal consequences for Totse be if a crime is committed in Totse's name?

And in relation to the above I think decisions about what suggestions are going to be acted upon should be behind closed doors between a trusted few... assuming that doesn't already happen.
  • edited February 2011
    What will the legal consequences for Totse be if a crime is committed in Totse's name?

And in relation to the above I think decisions about what suggestions are going to be acted upon should be behind closed doors between a trusted few... assuming that doesn't already happen.

I don't suppose anything would happen to Totse, as the terms and conditions state that we don't support committing crimes etc.
  • edited February 2011
    I don't suppose anything would happen to Totse, as the terms and conditions state that we don't support committing crimes etc.

I'd doubt that'd fly very far if there was a Totse thread, viewed and posted in by mods and/or admin(s), that openly discussed a potentially illegal activity to be committed in the name of Totse and by complete coincidence such an activity physically took place.
  • edited February 2011
    I'd doubt that'd fly very far if there was a Totse thread, viewed and posted in by mods and/or admin(s), that openly discussed a potentially illegal activity to be committed in the name of Totse and by complete coincidence such an activity physically took place.

Best keep all that hypothetical speak to the IRC then ;) Things which have been posted in this thread are merely things which, if just happened to take place, would get Totse publicity.