Woman has 2 vaginas

DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
edited February 2011 in Spurious Generalities
Woman With Two Vaginas

By Darragh Worland | Friday, November 6, 2009 5:00 PM ET

This story is so peculiar and conjures so many images and questions that we just couldn't resist mentioning it. Model-turned-talk-show host Tyra Banks had what she called an "international exclusive" interview on her "Tyra Show" Friday with a woman who says she was born with two vaginas.

Yes, you heard right!

Banks opens the interview by saying, "It's already tough enough having one vagina, and you have two. So, OK: two of everything?"

Lauren, 29, whose last name isn't mentioned, seems to have a good attitude about her double trouble. She answers Banks' questions without embarrassment, admitting that she "thinks" she has two periods given that hers last a whopping 21 days. Yikes!

She also adds that she has two uteruses, two cervixes (we're not even sure of the plural spelling here folks), and with one fallopian tube per uterus, she is in theory capable of conceiving in one uterus while already carrying a child in the other.

"If I do get pregnant, it should push the other uterus to one side and just keep that one out of the way, but me and my partner would need to carry on using condoms just in case I got pregnant in the other one," says Lauren.

An article on Indian Web site MiD-DAY.com identifies Lauren as Lauren Williams of Chingford, Essex. The article, which features a photo of the pretty Williams, says that she had no idea of her condition until the age of 24.

"I'd had smear tests done before but they were all with nurses. This time I saw a doctor who said that something didn't look quite right down there and referred me to a gynecologist," she tells MiD-Day.

Doctors eventually found that she had two vaginas half the normal size of one and divided by a barrier. The wall has since been removed, allowing Williams to enjoy pain-free sex with a now normal-sized vagina. Williams, who is single, fully accepts her situation and even demonstrates a healthy sense of humor about the whole thing.

"As a veterinary nurse I compare myself to a cat as they've got two uterine horns! I accept who I am and any boyfriend will have to too inside and out," Williams tells Mid-DAY. (Let's hope she's a better nurse than the ones who treated her in the past!)

Oh, and for those of you wondering: from the outside, Williams says she looks just like every other normal woman.

What's next? A man with two penises?

( Video of part of the interview at the site)

http://www.tonic.com/article/woman-two-vaginas/

Imagine the possibilities:o

Comments