Can you take lighters on a plane?

edited March 2011 in Spurious Generalities
What it says. I'm flying to the UK from somewhere else on Wednesday and need to know what to do with it/where to put it etc. Apparently 'refill' lighters like Zippo's etc are a big no-no but can I put it in my check-in luggage?

Comments

• Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited March 2011
    To the UK from where. That is going to the key to what you seek. If you are flying from one nation to another you will have to check the restrictions in both countries.
  • SpeedbagsSpeedbags Regular
    edited March 2011
    After 9/11 in the US this was a part of the Patriot Act

""Consistent with Department of Transportation regulations for hazardous materials, passengers also are permitted to carry no more than four books of matches (other than strike anywhere matches) and no more than two lighters for individual use, if the lighters are fueled with liquefied gas (BIC-or Colibri-type) or absorbed liquid? (Zippo-type).’"

Edit: Also after the attempted shoe bomber I should note. Who would of blown up the plane if he had a butane lighter.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited March 2011
    Just put it in your hold luggage. Last time I checked (last Summer) lighters weren't allowed on. I got caught trying to take a few novelty ones on a plane when I was 14 and they treated me like a fucking Terrorist. Ruined my holiday as we missed our flight and had to fill out about 5 forms for each of the 4 or so lighters :facepalm:
  • skunkskunk Regular
    edited March 2011
    I took a big box of matches on the plane recently, the tsa doesn't check for shit.
  • BigHarryDickBigHarryDick Cock Bite
    edited March 2011
    I dont know, But you defiantly can not

take snakes on a plane.
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited March 2011
    In the U.S. they changed the policy a couple of years ago, by the time I got out in 2009 I could carry my lighter on the plane again. I guess they were tired of wasting $14 million dollars a year disposing of collected lighters alone.
  • BigHarryDickBigHarryDick Cock Bite
    edited March 2011
    I took a g of dro once.

Shitting bricks of guard dogs, then on the plane

I could smell it on me.

Created even more paranoid

last time i did that.
  • BoxBox Regular
    edited March 2011
    LSA King wrote: »
    In the U.S. they changed the policy a couple of years ago, by the time I got out in 2009 I could carry my lighter on the plane again. I guess they were tired of wasting $14 million dollars a year disposing of collected lighters alone.

The fuck?

They're not allowed.
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited March 2011
    Box wrote: »
    The fuck?

They're not allowed.

It wasn't last time I went through an airport in late 2008 and early 2009. They might have changed the policy yet again because the TSA is a bunch of douchebags.
  • Hammer TankHammer Tank Regular
    edited March 2011
    once i took firecrackers on a plane. balls of steel
  • kfc v lotkfc v lot Regular
    edited March 2011
    Just tell them it's a toy it seems to work :P

Actually don't I just remembered this :facepalm:
    http://www.glossover.co.uk/blog/?p=1900
  • edited March 2011
    No, I think
  • edited March 2011
    Gadaffi's a Cunt
  • edited March 2011
    Whoops wrong thread!
  • Native ReserveNative Reserve Regular
    edited March 2011
    I take snus on the airplanes most of the time. You dont need to spit the tobacco juice out but you can swallow it.
  • edited March 2011
    A guy who swallows, nice
  • Native ReserveNative Reserve Regular
    edited March 2011
    A guy who swallows, nice

Would you rather spit?
  • edited March 2011
    Would you rather spit?
    Depends what I had for tea, BTW I'm not gay, but I once slept with a guy whose brother was !