Comments Enabled on CMS

DfgDfg Admin
edited March 2011 in Help and Suggestions
I disabled the original Drupal commenting system because it forced users to register on CMS which I don't want. But thanks to Disqus now anyone using a twitter, facebook etc accounts can just login and comment on the articles. This is again a Totse first and it puts us one step further when it comes to content management. I am not a professional at this and I am learning as I implement new things.

So, feel free to test the system. I will adjust the css to fix any problems.

Going to start work on CMS sitemap.

Comments

• edited March 2011
    So, how do you even comment on articles? I just had a look and couldn't find a comment button or anything similar. Screenshots? :D

Also, does this mean that we HAVE to be logged into a Twitter or Facebook account just to comment on articles? Because that might be a security issue with people not wishing to reveal their real names to Totse.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited March 2011
    Just login using OpenID or try totse.info e-mail addresses. I am going to implement OpenID system on CMS so users can just use totse.info to login into different websites.

Btw I wrote a long reply but my fucking Internet keeps disconnecting every fucking second. BASTARDS!!!!!!!
  • edited March 2011
    Dfg wrote: »
    Just login using OpenID or try totse.info e-mail addresses. I am going to implement OpenID system on CMS so users can just use totse.info to login into different websites.

Btw I wrote a long reply but my fucking Internet keeps disconnecting every fucking second. BASTARDS!!!!!!!

I thought you used that Lazaurus addon for Firefox which would have saved your long reply? I like the way we're expanding Dfg, it's good to see some progress :D
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited March 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    I thought you used that Lazaurus addon for Firefox which would have saved your long reply? I like the way we're expanding Dfg, it's good to see some progress :D

Using IE9, Firefox gays out on me. I could expand faster if I was isolated from the IRL bullshit. Honestly, it will do wonders for me and Totse.

Anyway, check the main page. Added the widget. Used CSS to make it more Totse like.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited March 2011
  • duuudeduuude Regular
    edited March 2011
    ^ Dibs on the blonde. :)

I'll be sure to try to comment on a few articles I've liked when I have more time this afternoon.
  • skunkskunk Regular
    edited March 2011
    Why do I have to login with twitter or facebook, and not my forum account (or anonymous)?
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited March 2011
    Why do I have to login with twitter or facebook, and not my forum account (or anonymous)?

Currently working on it. Again, the commenting system is mostly implemented for lurkers. You can use OpenID.
  • skunkskunk Regular
    edited March 2011
    For one I don't have an openid account. Hope to see forum logins working soon, thanks for your hard work.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited March 2011
    For one I don't have an openid account. Hope to see forum logins working soon, thanks for your hard work.

Well, I did Google about this issue. Currently Vbull doesn't really like Drupal. Plus, I want to keep CMS away from the forums as much as possible. They're both different platforms.

Plus, the comment system along with other features just help us get our name out. I added them to be used by lurkers who use reddit, twitter etc. For them it's far easier to use this system then the default Drupal commenting platform.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited March 2011

If you have a Google Account you already have an OpenID by default.
  • skunkskunk Regular
    edited March 2011
    May I ask why you want to separate the cms and forums? If anything you should integrate them more.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited March 2011
    May I ask why you want to separate the cms and forums? If anything you should integrate them more.

Easier management and if something happens to the forums [hack,crash etc] at least we would have something saved. Plus, the articles are the core of Totse. It should be protected as much as possible. Think it this way, the forums produce the content and the CMS hosts it. Those two medium work better in different environments.

I am aiming to target lifehackers etc. websites and for that to work, we need to be more feature rich and professional with the content. Also, it would be create if we had a social network following.

In short, I am trying to make totse mainstream so everyone would know about it. Call it optimistic SEO :)