Changing the description of Network Insecurity

edited March 2011 in Help and Suggestions
Currently the description is as follows...
Interesting hacks and cracks. Info on firewalls, TCP/IP, encryption, networks, and security. The ins and outs of the phone system, caller services, how things work, what's illegal and what's not, cellular phones, beepers, telephony legislation, the PUC, ISDN, taps, who's listening, and switches. Talking about phones, hacking systems, technical advice, and such is completely LEGAL in the United States -- it's covered by the First Amendment. What's illegal is conspiracy to commit a crime. So if you say something like "Meet me at 2am so we can crack a can" or "I changed my cell phone's number myself" you are criminally liable. Stating "You can crack a can by doing thus-and-so" or "If you wanted to change a cell phone's number, you could do it like so" is perfectly OK. Posting passwords, calling card numbers, or credit card numbers is forbidden on this network. Posting such info will get you booted off the net.

I don't know about you, but to me that sounds a little outdated. After all, who hacks phones any more? I think that we should modernize it a little bit, throwing in things regarding current issues which concern the insecurity of modern day computer systems and networks.

Whatcha think?

Comments

• DfgDfg Admin
    edited March 2011
    Go ahead and recommend an updated version.
  • edited March 2011
    That's where I need some help - my English isn't too good when it comes to writing out something important. Well.. My English is fine, it's just the fact that my brain won't work properly. Have you got any ideas yourself? I threw some forward, I just can't really put them into sentences.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited March 2011
    Interesting hacks and cracks. Info on firewalls, TCP/IP, encryption, networks, and security. The ins and outs of various networks and network enabled devices such as Internet TV's. Talking about Internet Security, hacking systems, technical advice, and such is completely LEGAL in the United States -- it's covered by the First Amendment.What's illegal is conspiracy to commit a crime. So if you say something like "Meet me at 2am so we can crack a can" or "I changed my cell phone's number myself" you are criminally liable. Stating "You can crack a can by doing thus-and-so" or "If you wanted to change a cell phone's number, you could do it like so" is perfectly OK. Posting passwords, calling card numbers, or credit card numbers is forbidden on this network. Posting such info will get you booted off the net.

I will more amendments later
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited March 2011
    Dude phreaking is still valid as ever. Nothing like it used to be, but still.
  • edited March 2011
    buddha wrote: »
    Dude phreaking is still valid as ever. Nothing like it used to be, but still.

You should post in my Phreaking thread which I made a couple of months ago (unless you did already, I forgot). I want to hear some updated methods and what goes on in the modern phreaking scene of today. It's really interesting shit.
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited March 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    You should post in my Phreaking thread which I made a couple of months ago (unless you did already, I forgot). I want to hear some updated methods and what goes on in the modern phreaking scene of today. It's really interesting shit.

I may just have to do that. ;)