Health Benefits of Vaporizing over Smoking

13371337 Regular
edited July 2010 in Man Cave
I found a great study, available for download here.
An electric vaporizer was shown to release substantial amounts of the THC while producing no measurable amounts of the benzene, toluene, and naphthalene, which are generated when marijuana is smoked.
Reductions in carbon monoxide (CO) and tar generation were also observed under vaporiza- tion compared to smoking. Although no measurements were made of other smoke toxins, it is quite possible that the vaporizer eliminated or substantially reduced the polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons and other combustion-generated toxins commonly found in cannabis smoke, as they form at the higher temperatures of pyrolysis.
The vaporizer resulted in higher plasma concentrations of THC compared to smoked marijuana at 30 and 60 min at each strength (Table 1).

I have noticed a huge difference between smoking and vaporizing, personally. I used to get up every morning hacking my head off to loosen phlegm in my lungs, but now they are much clearer since my roommate got a vape. According to the article, there are less toxins released in vapor, as well as a higher plasma concentration of THC in the body when patients vaporized weed instead of smoking.

Comments

• 13371337 Regular
    edited July 2010
    Decreased respiratory symptoms in cannabis users who vaporize
    Data from a large Internet sample revealed that the use of a vaporizer predicted fewer respiratory symptoms even when age, sex, cigarette smoking, and amount of cannabis used were taken into account.
    A significant interaction revealed that the impact of a vaporizer was larger as the amount of cannabis used increased. These data suggest that the safety of cannabis can increase with the use of a vaporizer. Regular users of joints, blunts, pipes, and water pipes might decrease respiratory symptoms by switching to a vaporizer
  • Dose MeDose Me Regular
    edited July 2010
    The thing that makes me mad with reefer madness is when people claim that smoking marijuana is bad for you because it's smoking....

they fail to realize you can EAT it and VAPORIZE it will almost no health effects whatsoever. Not many people that know a thing or two about pot will argue against these studies...and they confirm what would make sense.
  • edited July 2010
    can you vaporize tobacco for its nicotine or some shit?
  • AnonymousAnonymous Regular
    edited July 2010

Yes, and its more healthy as compared to smoking.

:o

Its obvious that vaporizing as compared to smoking is going to have better health effects due to the fact that the tar from the burning product doesn't get in your lungs... (Even for Cannabis.)
  • 13371337 Regular
    edited July 2010

Yes, you can vaporize tobacco. I'm not sure at what temperature nicotine vaporizes, but do yourself a favor and get premium quality tobacco, because vaporizing increases the flavor of the material. Crap in crap out, as they say.