A New Forum for Reviews, Guides etc [CMS content]

DfgDfg Admin
edited April 2011 in Help and Suggestions
I got this idea when Katz requested for a new sub forum in BI for Guides.If we create a forum dedicated to CMS content like guides, reviews it will make it easier for the editors and the users to find stuff. Right now the guides are spread around the forums and it's difficult to keep them updated.

Now, we're not going to just throw things there. Once a guide is created in ABC section it will be moved to main forum with a permanent link. In this way it will be linked in that section and also will be placed in the publishing queue.

Doing this will make things organized and easy to access.

Feedback, Suggestions.

Comments

• DfgDfg Admin
    edited April 2011
    I like, how are we going to organize them in the new forum though?

Search Prefix: Guide
    Select All Threads,
    Move to New Forum
    Set Permanent Redirect

New Forum:
    Tons of Guides.

Basically it will be the hot spot for all the content. Since each guide must get to the CMS, I think it will be fruitful to keep them there. Plus, they can be searched in their previous sections as well.
  • StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited April 2011
    That sounds like a great idea to me. Before the CMS I had trouble finding certain articles and guides. Its easy now but this will make it even easier.
  • DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited April 2011
    Sounds like a good idea
  • thewandererthewanderer Regular
    edited April 2011
    I think that before we attempt to organize all of the content on the forum, we should modify the CMS in the way that katz suggested in another thread.

To be honest, a forum for all of the guides, how-to, text-files and reviews seems redundant to me because it would be doing what the CMS is supposed
    to do...organize content.

Just my 2 cents though.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited April 2011
    I think that before we attempt to organize all of the content on the forum, we should modify the CMS in the way that katz suggested in another thread.

To be honest, a forum for all of the guides, how-to, text-files and reviews seems redundant to me because it would be doing what the CMS is supposed
    to do...organize content.

Just my 2 cents though.

Well, the guides etc are spread all over the forums and it's hard to publish them. I am just moving them in one place section by section, publishing them and moving them back if required.

Plus, I already understand what Katz is asking and for that to work we need take handle this in a more professional way. Just after going through 65 guides I saw we're already losing major things.

All these changes can be reverted back any time.