Totse Literature

StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
edited April 2011 in Help and Suggestions
I propose adding Totse literature to the CMS list. The original Totse also had links to its more popular/quality stories and poems on its front page. I understand that currently we are focused on guides and how-tos and informational text files and agree that is largely what Totse is about but also concede that there are some quality poems currently in VG. We have good writers here who undoubtedly have good stories to tell. Doing so might spark their creativity and create new content.

No this content probably wont be as informational as the current CMS but Totse isn't just about information, that's only half of it. Totse is also about having a voice and being able to use it. Deciding what poems/stories are eligible for CMS will obviously be more difficult so I propose mods. Notice the bold and underlined s. That means not just one mod. This will mean more work for those mods who choose to do so but I think it would be worth it.

I made this thread public in order to get the community opinion. Do you think this is a good idea? Do you have any ideas concerning it?

Comments

• DfgDfg Admin
    edited April 2011
    Use Text-File Prefix to mark it. I will add the Literature Category as well.
  • thewandererthewanderer Regular
    edited April 2011
    It was also loaded with personal accounts of events discussed on the site ie trip reports, shoplifting stories etc.
    And so many articles of just plain weird shit. Weird but interesting.
    Like this one. That was on the front page forever.
    Brings back memories.
    Once I get all of the guides fixed up, I plan on adding stuff like that.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited April 2011
    Added to the Categories
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited April 2011
    [fraction](x3+3x2-4)([fraction]x3/3[/fraction]4x2)-(x2+2x)([fraction]x4/4[/fraction]+x3-4x)
    (x3+3x2-4)(x3+3x2-4) [/fraction]+c

Testing
  • edited April 2011
    It's a good Idea; half of the text-files I came across on the old totse were conspiracy theories..

And how-tos that were frequently fatal if attempted. Good stuff.:thumbsup: