Reason #9582 Why Women Should Stay in the Kitchen

MayberryMayberry Regular
edited April 2011 in Spurious Generalities
There are no lathes :o
http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/04/13/yale.student.death/index.html

A Yale University senior was killed in an accident in a chemistry laboratory's machine shop late Tuesday or early Wednesday, officials at the Connecticut school said.

Michele Dufault of Massachusetts was working on a project in the Sterling Chemistry Laboratory's machine shop when her hair got caught in a lathe, a machine that shapes material by rotating it against a tool, Yale President Richard C. Levin said in an e-mailed statement. Her body was found by other students who were working in the building, Levin said.

The cause of death was asphyxia due to neck compression, and the manner was accidental, said Kathy Wilson, an investigator with Connecticut's Office of the Chief Medical Examiner.

The machine shop at the Yale lab is a place where students can construct or modify research instrumentation, according to the chemistry department's web site.

"The university has programs to train students before they use power equipment. Nonetheless, I have initiated a thorough review of the safety policies and practices of laboratories, machine shops and other facilities with power equipment that is accessed and operated by undergraduates," Levin said.

Levin's statement didn't say whether Dufault was alone in the machine shop when the accident happened. A call seeking additional comment Wednesday from Yale spokesman Tom Conroy was not returned.

The laboratory was closed Wednesday because of the accident, and the day's classes at the lab were canceled. Levin said he met with Dufault's parents Wednesday, and her parents will return to campus for a memorial service before the end of the semester, Levin said.

Dufault, who was majoring in astronomy and physics, was from Scituate, Massachusetts, and was due to graduate next month, CNN affiliate WTNH reported.

Dufault "also had keen interest in oceanography and was intending to undertake work in that field after graduation," Levin said.

"She was an enthusiastic saxophonist in the Yale Band, and a widely admired member of (Yale's) Saybrook College community," Levin said.

One of Dufault's friends, Jeremy Lent, told CNN affiliate WFSB that she was "one of the most delightful, kind-hearted generous (people)."

"Nobody deserves what happened to her," Lent said.

But what a way to go. Condolences go out to her and her family, but let this be a lesson in lab safety for all of you.

Comments

• BigHarryDickBigHarryDick Cock Bite
    edited April 2011
    lol stupid bitch!

Stay in the kitchen where you belong.

and cant wait to see this on a 1,000 ways to die
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited April 2011
    Well, that was expected. Always tie your hair while working. This applies to cooking as well. If that bitch spent some quality time in kitchen she would have known this simple fact.

Not trying to be mean, I am sure her family is might pissed but it was her fault for not following simple safety procedures. May Satan bless her loose pussy.
  • edited April 2011
    Maybe she didn't think that tedious rule applied to her. Maybe she'd been working in labs for so long that she got complacent. Whatever the case, the coroner's photographs will make for great safety posters.
  • DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited April 2011
    About half way through, I wondered if she was hot, anyone know?

This answer your question

story.michele.dufault.wfsb.jpg
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited April 2011
    This answer your question

story.michele.dufault.wfsb.jpg

I will pass but I might still do it if she has a decent body.
  • LethargicaLethargica Regular
    edited April 2011
    just put a bag over her and have it your way
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited April 2011
    :facepalm:
    Worst I did was get my tie stuck in a sewing machine at school (we had to do textiles as part of our Technology module)...aside from that, I used to fuck about with glue, metals and soldering irons..oh and in foodtech, putting different things in the microwaves.

As for this bint, natural selection at it's finest.
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited April 2011
    Some one at Yale studying such subjects should have some common sense, but hey ho.

How hard is it to have long hair and be safe? Pretty easy - I have had long hair since I was a young un' and never had a problem in workshops at school, doing sport, working on building sites, doing tree surgery, working on cars and trucks and working in machine shops.

How?

I have common sense. Hair is tied up and a bandana goes on. She was probably just arrogant and this is what has lead to her death.

If she had watched the terminator films, she would know that machines usually fuck people pretty easily.
  • BoxBox Regular
    edited April 2011
    Screen_shot_2011-04-13_at_12.09.41_PM_r440x280.png?70373ccd2eb3713ad67afe9eaee1a0db8fe1e48d

?controllerName=image&action=get&id=936390&width=628&height=471

I'd fuck it.

fuck, she's dead. :(
  • BoxBox Regular
    edited April 2011
    She has that Amish-gone-wild look.
  • BigHarryDickBigHarryDick Cock Bite
    edited April 2011
    Do you think she was shaved or landing strip down there?

Im hoping for shaved, but that smooth shaved. Not this fucking Peach fuzzz

that feels ugly on your lips when your eating her out.
  • BoxBox Regular
    edited April 2011
    peach fuzz doesn't grow down there after it's shaved

peach fuzz is like a girl's moustache

i think she was shaved, but let it grow a bit. doesn't seem the kind of girl to get much action
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited April 2011
    Box wrote: »
    Screen_shot_2011-04-13_at_12.09.41_PM_r440x280.png?70373ccd2eb3713ad67afe9eaee1a0db8fe1e48d

?controllerName=image&action=get&id=936390&width=628&height=471

I'd fuck it.

fuck, she's dead. :(

Awww fuck, now I feel bad about it. -1 fine pussy
  • edited April 2011
    It would've been highly erotic to watch her choke to death; I greatly doubt there's any CCTV footage.