Moderator Training Grounds

edited April 2011 in Help and Suggestions
Dfg - is it possible for you to create a secret forum on Totse somewhere, away from the rest of the site? I just had an idea which we could use to train up staff in the event that certain things (spam attacks, account takeovers, etc) happen on the real forums.

I propose that you create this secret forum (password it if you want), and allow staff members to sign up. You give us our current privileges (moderator, Global mod, etc) and we can simulate a spam attack, account takeovers, hugely epic trolling, etc etc.

What do you say?

Comments

• DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited April 2011
    Sounds like a good idea
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited April 2011
    Hmmm, We have VB 4 in place and I am currently trying to theme it. I can close the regs there and let you guys do whatever you like there. That will prevent anything from happening here.
  • edited April 2011
    That's awesome. I can easily simulate a spam attack with Imacros and a few proxy servers :) Maybe we can have a few people doing it at the same time to simulate some kind of extremely heavy attack, haha.

Also, this will probably require some coordination over IRC, if that's cool with everyone.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited April 2011
    This might be fun. I'll bring the water balloons :D
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited April 2011
    I will get the hookers.
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited April 2011
    ooo I wan't a go, sounds like fun.
  • BoxBox Regular
    edited April 2011
    omg can i play too bhd wants to play 2
  • edited April 2011
    You could lock Mayberry in there until he's fully potty trained.
  • skunkskunk Regular
    edited April 2011

Mayberry's a guy???
  • edited April 2011
    Mayberry's a guy???

Depends on your definition of "guy" I suppose... but that's what I've assumed thus far.
  • BoxBox Regular
    edited April 2011
    Mayberry's a guy???

hope you're trolling stupid nigga
  • skunkskunk Regular
    edited April 2011
    Lol unfortunately not.
    edited April 2011
    lulz where did you get the idea that I'm a guy?
    edited April 2011
    You caught me. I'm a transvestite mayberrysmilie.gif
  • LouisCypherLouisCypher Regular
    edited April 2011
    Sorry guys but this thread is retarded.

Do you have to complete the training grounds before you become a demi mod?

Mabye you should have to complete a series of multiple choice tests and pass a physical before you actually earn your badge. Mabye a 5000 word essay on why you want to moderate and which Totse mod inspired you to dedicate yourself to the craft?
    edited April 2011
    I'm guessing one reason would be to do something like US-S Korean wargames to piss off N Korea :o
  • BigHarryDickBigHarryDick Cock Bite
    edited April 2011
    Box wrote: »
    omg can i play too bhd wants to play 2

this.

I can penetrate you guys while you try to stop me.

Although i know buddha will just let me rape him all night.
    :fap:
  • edited April 2011
    Its not to become a demi, its so we can be sure we're ready for an attack?
    :confused:
    Trx, what is the main purpose of this? Is it to also try and find any vulnerability in the new VBull?

The idea is to train the staff here. How many of us have had to deal with a spam attack on a forum before? I don't suppose there are many of us, and that's a good reason to be trained just in case it happens to Totse. If we were attacked, I think we'd crumble at the foundations unless our staff are trained up properly.

So, we get trained and then we're ready to tackle anything which may be thrown our way.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited April 2011

Seeing as the waste spew from his keyboard and not his dick I don't think that is ever gonna happen.