Birthday party for Hitler ends after smokebomb

MrFriendlyFaceMrFriendlyFace Regular
edited April 2011 in Spurious Generalities
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1378997/Birthday-party-Hitler-comes-abrupt-end-mystery-man-orders-grilled-cheese-sandwich-sets-smoke-bomb.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

What a fucked up world we live in. We can't even throw a birthday party for Hitler without some asshole setting off a smoke bomb! This is outrageous.
A birthday party for Hitler has come to an abrupt end after a mystery man set off a smoke bomb.

Party-goers at P.J. Klem's Restaurant and Banquet Hall in Lyons, outside Chicago, had to rush for safety after the attack today, which would have been the Nazi leader's 122nd birthday.

Surprisingly the party planners had actually managed to convince about 60 people that they wanted to attend the bizarre celebration.

The hall was decorated with creepily festive swastika banners and there was even a cake decorated with the words, 'Happy Birthday Adolf Hitler'.

Just to cover all their bases, the group decided to combine Hitler's birthday with a celebration of the outbreak of the American Civil War on April 12, 1861.

They baked a second cake with the iced logo: 'The South Was Right. White Men Fight'.

What Hitler himself might have made of it all is not known, but one mystery man made it clear he did not approve.

The man came in to the restaurant and, for no apparent reason, ordered a grilled cheese sandwich.

Then he disappeared into the restroom where he promptly set off a smoke bomb.

The attack forced everyone in the hall to evacuate and for it to be shut down. There were no injuries.

The mystery bomber, who was carrying a backpack, disappeared in the confusion. Police are searching for him - but they have admitted that descriptions of him are 'very vague'.

A restaurant spokesman said the staff had not known what type of celebration the group were planning, though he admitted they have rented the premises in previous years.

'There was no 'Heil Hitler' or anything like that,' he told the Chicago Tribune.

'They didn't wear uniforms. There were no outside demonstrations. A group came in and said they wanted me to cook for them - chicken, beef, sausage - and I didn't ask them who they were.'

Comments

• edited April 2011
    I have always been suspicious of people that order grilled cheese sandwiches, now I know why.

C/O
    "'Heil Bill'
    'You mean Heil Hitler'
    'You have obviously never met bill'"
  • edited April 2011
    New strategy. Ask for something strange at the counter before carrying out the act.

All people will remember is the weird shit you requested.
  • edited April 2011
    It would've been more appropiate if he'd built a chlorine making device, thus turning the toilet into a gas chamber.
  • edited April 2011
    It would've been more appropiate if he'd built a chlorine making device, thus turning the toilet into a gas chamber.

Couldn't you just add chlorine and one other chemical to the water and achieve the same effect?

I just don't know if it would produce enough gas in a short enough time to fill the hall the way the bomb did with smoke.

EDIT: Also, the cops would probably take it much more seriously. Anyone breathing that stuff in could get hurt.