Drunk 15-year-old killed on motorway

TSAoDTSAoD Regular
edited April 2011 in Spurious Generalities
A DAD told yesterday how he argued with his son over the lad’s boozing just before he was killed on a motorway.

Andrew Turner asked Scott, 15, to stop drinking at a wedding reception, an inquest heard.

Scott stormed off and wandered on to the nearby M23 where he was knocked down in the middle lane by a guest from another wedding.

An ambulance and a police car were among the vehicles that ran over the body.

His dad told the inquest: “He wasn’t falling over himself but I did say to Scott, ‘You’ve had enough, leave it there’. He then said a few words to me, as 15-year-old kids do. He said, ‘Oh, leave me alone, Dad. You are always having a go at me’.

“I said, ‘Scott, you’ve had enough and go to bed’.”
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2011/04/29/dad-rowed-with-teenage-son-about-boozing-before-lad-died-on-m23-115875-23093077/

Comments

• edited April 2011
    If his Dad hadn't have been such a pussy and got the kid angry, he wouldn't have left and walked off :facepalm: Then again, his dad shouldn't have let him drink at 15 anyway.
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited April 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    Then again, his dad shouldn't have let him drink at 15 anyway.

Why not? It is a very responsible thing to do to introduce your kids to alcohol. Would you rather stop them drinking (or try to) so they do it behind your back or go daft on it when they are allowed to drink?
  • edited April 2011
    I'd let my kids drink at 15, but it sounded like he was drinking pint after pint which seemed a little daft, especially at a wedding.
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited April 2011
    his dad shouldn't have let him drink at 15 anyway.
    I'd let my kids drink at 15

OK. You want a third go?
  • edited April 2011
    It sounded like he was drinking a lot and was being allowed to do so by his dad. At 15, I don't think that's acceptable. I'd let my kids drink at 15, but I wouldn't let them put back the pints like that.

I guess in my first post, I should have said that "his dad shouldn't have let him drink so much at 15 anyway." :thumbsup: