On Vision

HOLLISTER GUYHOLLISTER GUY Regular
edited June 2011 in Life
When you're blind the ghetto looks the same as the suburbs. When you have a clear visian the suburbs look like the ghettos. Who am I to judge though. I don't care how you live. Just because you get your food from inside the grocery stores. You might even read the labels on the ingredients. Some people don't even eat at home. There are plenty of restaurants wherever you look. To have your own house in this economy. It's a buyer's market and a sellers market, but are you buying the house or are you selling your soul.

If a blind man walked around in the cemetery for awhile the only thing he would see are the spirits of the people who died. Why are people with intelligence known as visionaries? Do they see more than the average person? Perhaps a blind person could be a visionary too, but blind people don't get the respect they deserve.

I don't exactly know the feeling of being blind but I can certainly sympathise with the blind because of my poor vision. It's not that I don't have forsight like I was saying earlier. I simply have shitty eyes. I don't have to walk around with a stick all day wawlking my dog around to sniff the bums on the streets. I don't know what I would do. I think I might have more friends if I were blind. When we're alone and I'm blind are they playing triks on me. Do they walk around naked pretending to hump me whihle I sit in my chair enjoying some music. I wouldn't notice them doing such perverse things either. I don't have a great sense of smell, feel, or hearing like some blind people might. I wasn't born this way.

Maybe I could see if I actually tried. Maybe this whole time it just hasn't occured to me to allow the images to go into my mind. Can you teach an eye to read?

I guess it's like teaching an old dog new tricks. Maybe all you need is to be persistent. If I had that sort of ambition, motivation, and purpose in life I would be a visionary. And like I stated earlier that doesn't have much to do with eyesight. I can type without eyesight because I already know where all the keys are. Nowadays everyone knows where the keys are. Toddlers know.

Simpletons today are prodigies of the past. The blind of this day and age are the visionaries of the future. Everything in life sorts itself out if you allow it to. Soon enough the blind will be the norm and people with sight will be "seen" like we are - deviant, degenerate, homeless, friendless. They might as well commit suicide and let us blind fold design our own world in our mind. We will turn the ghetto into palaces and the suburbs into beautiful expances of pure light as far as the eye /can't/ see.