I am worried.

DarkInsanityDarkInsanity Semo-Regulars
edited June 2011 in Spurious Generalities
Well I haven been working for the same company for over 3 years now. I did have some attendance issues last year but I have been punctual since. Well that shit remains on your record for about a year. I got punished for it last year as well. Well I have been sick with a massive infection (throat, lungs) and worked 3 days with it and was running a 102 degree F fever every 2 hours on Sunday and was in what I call a mini comma (Hard to wake up) so my wife called me in. Well I only called in that Sunday and I went to work last night and we had our little power meeting. Well this one woman who isnt really a manager told me not to go far after the meeting and told me that I was being warned. That if I called in again I would be terminated. I got an attitude and told her" For how long" and she said I could'nt call in for a year.

I got irritated and told her then I guess "I will try not to get sick for a year then". Well I have'nt heard anything from the other managers about this but I am paranoid that I will lose my job. What do you guys think I should do? Any advice? Have you all faced a similar situation? Anything to ease my mind would help. Thanks in advance.

(By the way I used to post here before totse got shut down. I was'nt aware it was back up until I was linked to this site 3 days ago my user name used to be Jakanegro)

Comments

• edited June 2011
    First of all, welcome back to Totse and I hope you stick around :)

That manager sounds like a total bitch though, you were right to get irritated... In fact, you probably handled that pretty well. It's totally not right for you to be unable to call in for a whole year, but surely you could get a doctors note or something which would prove that you're physically unable to come into work?
  • DarkInsanityDarkInsanity Semo-Regulars
    edited June 2011
    Yeah, you're not going to believe this but where I work they dont accept doctors notes. I am going to talk to someone higher up tonight about my situation, see if it is all smoke and mirrors.
  • edited June 2011
    Wow, that's retarded. You say she's not really the manager? You should go and talk to whoever is ACTUALLY the manager, and see what they say. Tell them that you think she's being really unfair, and that if you've got a reason to be off work then you should be allowed time off. It's not exactly fair to force you to work if you can't physically manage it.
  • ThirdRockFromTheSunThirdRockFromTheSun <b style="color:blue;">Third<em style="color:pink;">Cock</em>FromThe<em style="color:brown;">Bum</em
    edited June 2011
    Taking time off for no reason, sure, it's bad. But if you broke both your legs would they STILL expect you to come in? If you carry on, and speak to a high up, you'll probably get your answer, and if you do lose your job maybe you can get a better one where they actually let their employees have sick days if they're... y'know.. SICK?
    edited June 2011
    Yeah I am going to. The manager I am going to talk to knows how sick I was. She was there the 3 days I worked when I was sick. She is fair and checked on me regularly to see if I was doing better. Hopefully everything turns out better.
  • edited June 2011
    Nice one bro, good luck with that then. Let us know how it turns out :)
  • AmieAmie Regular
    edited June 2011
    (By the way I used to post here before totse got shut down. I was'nt aware it was back up until I was linked to this site 3 days ago my user name used to be Jakanegro)

Holy shit, Jakanegro! How you been, dude???

Nah, just kidding, I don't remember you. Then again, I only remember Jeff Hunter, Jacketch, Wintermute, Wires, CarbonB and HTS-Noob from the old Totse.

Anyway, don't let people who think they are managers play those stupid games with you. The real manager makes the real decisions. Talk to her and it'll all work out.

And if not, screw them all and make sure you've got a better job by the time you get sick again.
    edited June 2011
    Amie wrote: »
    Holy shit, Jakanegro! How you been, dude???

Nah, just kidding, I don't remember you. Then again, I only remember Jeff Hunter, Jacketch, Wintermute, Wires, CarbonB and HTS-Noob from the old Totse.

Anyway, don't let people who think they are managers play those stupid games with you. The real manager makes the real decisions. Talk to her and it'll all work out.

And if not, screw them all and make sure you've got a better job by the time you get sick again.

I plan on getting another job. I have to much to lose if I lose this job. Shes a customer service manager but she isnt over anyone except for the people who work in customer service. She has been standing in for a manager on vacation but she has to take orders from the higher ups. I will confront the big girl tonight when I go to work. By the way I still have a horrible cough and a sore throat but I have my normal amount of energy back and no fever. Now my wife has what I had so now I am taking care of her. I just got done cleaning the whole house. Now to do the yard work :facepalm:
  • edited June 2011
    If they already warned you and they wont take dr's notes, then yea don't get sick for a year or git a new job. Either or...
  • BoxBox Regular
    edited June 2011
    Stop being a little bitch and don't get sick. I hate fuckers like you that screw it up for everything. If you're sick, fucking stay home and don't spread your shit to others. Your manager was right in warning your ass. As a matter of fact, she should've fired your ass. Immune deficient fucks like you should just quit at life.
  • GoingNowhereGoingNowhere Global Moderator
    edited June 2011
    Wow, they dont accept doctors notes..... Thats just stupid. GTFO out of there mate and get another job, preferable one with the same or higher wage packet. It looks like she has added you to her hit-list.
  • MooseKnuckleMooseKnuckle Regular
    edited June 2011
    quit.
    collect unemployment

or
    get fired, and contact your human resources person
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited June 2011
    There has got to be some sort of 'workers rights' law in your jurisdiction that protects you. How big are unions in your industry? Can they take up your case? Is there an ombudsman that can help you out?
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited June 2011
    Welcome back to your old home.

A) Avoid Getting sick and if you're fucking sick then whore the fuck to dead. Like I have a light fever and minor headache, I will make sure everyone knows this. I will keep doing the work but anyone seeing me would be like dude you need to take some rest. IT's fun when the manager sends you home for rest.
    B) The second thing you must know about flu is it takes 3+ days to get fixed based on your immune system. Tell them if they want you working in full force give me 3+ days to recover.

Regarding the bitch you acted like cunt, she didn't knew the whole story and he did what cunts do.

Apart from that, it's best if you get these things cleared in advance, also if you're sure you can get axed better start working on HR.

Good luck
    edited June 2011
    Dfg wrote: »
    Welcome back to your old home.

A) Avoid Getting sick and if you're fucking sick then whore the fuck to dead. Like I have a light fever and minor headache, I will make sure everyone knows this. I will keep doing the work but anyone seeing me would be like dude you need to take some rest. IT's fun when the manager sends you home for rest.
    B) The second thing you must know about flu is it takes 3+ days to get fixed based on your immune system. Tell them if they want you working in full force give me 3+ days to recover.

Regarding the bitch you acted like cunt, she didn't knew the whole story and he did what cunts do.

Apart from that, it's best if you get these things cleared in advance, also if you're sure you can get axed better start working on HR.

Good luck

I got it all worked out. The REAL manager got with me and we looked up my record. She said I will be okay I just have to be careful. She said she knew how sick I was so she would excuse it. Thank god for that. Thank you guys for your support.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited June 2011
    I got it all worked out. The REAL manager got with me and we looked up my record. She said I will be okay I just have to be careful. She said she knew how sick I was so she would excuse it. Thank god for that. Thank you guys for your support.

Any time mate. :)