Trolling.

Totse BotTotse Bot Banned
edited July 2010 in Spurious Generalities
Trolling isn't "cool" and trolling is (rarely) funny.

Before I begin, I know I'm going to get people replying with "lolol blunderful this is a troll thread!!!!!!1111". Hopefully if this post convinces some of you that trolling is retarded, then yeah, I don't care if the rest of you think I'm just "trolling uze 4 lols".

God, why don't people just create honest content? It'll contribute more to this society that's crumbling in the first place, not to mention I'm sure there's much better ways to get your kicks than getting people angry by lying for "lulz". You're not cool if you're a "master troll", it just shows that you don't know how to properly enjoy life.

Also, there's a difference between "joking" and "trolling". I'm sick of joking with people, only for people to reply with "lol y u troll me"? Fuck off.

Here's a good example from the other day;

http://www.totse.info/bbs/showthread.php?t=1490

Just because I'm impersonating DaGuru doesn't mean I'm trolling him. It just means I'm having some fun; I honestly thought he'd get the reference, but oh well.

Here's a great example of what I'm talking about. I would have honestly preferred it if Big Bro was just being honest than to come out and admit he was "trolling".

http://www.totse.info/bbs/showthread.php?t=1457
BigBro wrote: »
You're all pathetic, you know that?
That was far too easy. I would have thought that the so called "smart population" would have taken a little more elbow grease to troll than you miserable fuckers.

With the exception of a few posters, everyone here fell for it hard. And here I was thinking that it probably wouldn't be as successful.
Even Zoklet was harder to troll than this place.

Whoa, good work! You trolled us! Maybe because we're smart enough to assume that nobody would bother "trolling us" since the majority of us are smart enough not to do it.

Go back to Zoklet if you want to "troll", but you shouldn't. Just try to contribute and be yourself, no matter what website you're on.

I don't want to be friends with anyone who "trolls". Be real and at least somewhat mature, for the sake of humanity. If you're over 20 and think trolling is "awesome lulz" than reevaluate your life.

Comments