Background

GrinchGrinch Regular
edited July 2011 in Spurious Generalities
I am not one usually to express aspects of my personal life, although I am in need of some opinions and possibly some advice if willing.

I have been employed at my most recent occupation for three months at the most, closer to two and a half. A point to take in consideration is that the last week of which has consisted of a new regime, a management that is reworking the operation of said business in its entirety.

For the past week, I have had the unwavering feeling of a lack of longevity of said position. Note that the mentioned feelings existed prior to said opportunities.

Recently, I was proposed with two trips. The week following this current, to travel via road trip to a neighboring state which I plan to attend school in a year, lasting half a week. The week following I was offered a house to stay in Hawaii for free, lasting roughly a week, which I would utilize to last four days, while backpacking the remaining three of the trip.

Assuming that I would not be capable of getting both weeks off, mis amigos and their drunken logic have attempted to convince myself to join them by quitting my current position. A close friend of mine alliterating that he could guarantee me his position when he moves in a month, related to which I am good friends with another coworker, as well as my father knowing their boss.

Enough background, my apologies for the long post, what do you think the Grinch should do in this position? At some point when I chose to sober up, I may add additional information.

Comments

• BigHarryDickBigHarryDick Cock Bite
    edited July 2011
    Grinch wrote: »
               

????:confused::confused::confused:
  • TheWitchDoctorTheWitchDoctor Regular
    edited July 2011
    It was some shit about him wanting to go on vacation and his friends going to give him a job so he can go to Hawaii and he was asking totse for advice on what to do. I didnt really get it.
  • edited July 2011
    I restored this thread, because you gave me the option :)
  • GoingNowhereGoingNowhere Global Moderator
    edited July 2011
    Well I would take the Hawaii option, but only if you are dead cert that you will get the position. Speak to your father about it, and maybe he can talk to the boss about it as well to make sure that your friend has the authority to give you that position. Hawaii does sound good though :)
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited July 2011
    Don't quit your fucking job. If they lay you off you can get unemployment, but not if you quit.

Might just be paranoid also.
  • PossesedSmurfPossesedSmurf Semo-Regulars
    edited July 2011
    Make sure you are on the payroll for the other job prior to quitting your current position.