THIS BASS IS LIKE A VIBRATING DILDOE ON MY FUCKING RIB CAGE WHERE IS THE MIDRANGE?

MarineBoatMarineBoat Regular
edited July 2011 in Spurious Generalities
I'm fucking sick of all the extra bass they shit into music nowadays. I mean it's expected for bullshit like the jonas brothers and beiber but I'm here listening to a CD (boo hoo) copy of Warren Zevon's the Wind released in 2003 and all I hear is bbabbbbsbbbbbymrne. It's not like a flatulence sound but it's like a Catholic banana slug in my ear and even thinking about it (that) is making me nauseous. Not to mention the fucking bass doesn't help. I honestly don't mind a little bit of extra treble to make things sound crisp like an infant's ass but this just draws the line for me of how artificial sounding you can get.

If I want the music to sound more intense I'll fucking turn it up. Even over-compressed shit sounds better than this, that's just like you hear everything in a bigger font. All this bass is like it's in IMPACT ALL CAPS AND BOLD.

Comments

• RogueEagle91RogueEagle91 Regular
    edited July 2011
    I sense much anger in this one.
    We cannot train him. No. Too much anger.
    He will turn to the dark side.

I like a decent amount of bass in my music, but when I can't actually hear melodies in other instruments, much less the vocals, it's really fucking annoying. You can only alter your EQ so much...
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited July 2011
    I like to place the head of my penis on the sub and up the bass. But when it comes to music, clean is mean!
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2011
    VA-Dream_Dance_60_(The_Best_Of_Dream_House_and_Trance)

I like the baaaaaaaaaaaassSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

But I do listen to Opera and other type of music, so I value clean and crisp sound as well. I prefer the balanced approach.
  • edited July 2011
    I agree with you OP, and I just thought of something else I hate when hearing music which is on the radio (which will be posted in a new thread :D). Too much bass in the wrong type of music is terrible, there has to be a good balance! Otherwise it just sounds like shit. It's great when listening to Techno or something, but when I'm trying to get down to Mozart's latest anthem then I don't really want to be hearing that bassoon blarting out of all my speakers.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited July 2011
    If I can't feel the music in my ribcage there is not enough bass.
  • GoingNowhereGoingNowhere Global Moderator
    edited July 2011
    Depends what genre of music Im listening to. If Im listening to electronic music (example: Jumpstyle) then lots of Bass, classical music completely clean (in other words not boosting the bass frequencies) and not mixed or compressed, Punk music clean but I must be able to hear the bass because there are some brilliant bass lines and not compressed, Rock music compressed (but not too much) and Im not so bothered about the bass, and Ska I like the same as Punk but I like to hear the bass very clearly because its fantastic (ex Streetlight Manifesto). Chiptunes and 8-bit music it doesnt matter as long as they got the panning right.