Teachers and Professors forcing team assignments

LSA KingLSA King Regular
edited July 2010 in Spurious Generalities
Seriously, I know it's all in good benefit because in the "real world" you have to work as a team in order to get a lot of shit done, but at least your job is on the line if you fuck up. I thought people would be more responsible now that they are out of High School and paying for college, I was wrong. The only two times I've had to do "Team Building Assignments" were, thankfully, last Fall and this Summer. I mean fuck me silly and call me billy, but I'm a grown ass fucking man. I don't need a shady partner to balance my grade into the hands of the unknown.

Quit the bullshit, give us an assignment and some ample time (if it's big enough that would be meant for a team) and let us go at it and grade us as an individual based off the work that was given and completed. Our grades and pass or fail isn't based off how well I worked in a team, but whether I knew, understood, and comprehended the information to pass your silly little exams. Why should the fate of someone elses tuition, grants, loans, and scholarships be put into the fate of complete fucktards who could give a shit-less? Also, your job as a professor is to teach, start giving a fuck about your high paying jobs and quit being douchebags, especially with class that are pre-reqs to the pre-reqs to get your degree. I swear you assholes are just fucking with people. Anyone whose had a grab at being the man with power knows it's too easy to fall to the dark side.

That's right, ended this rant via reference to Star Wars because comparing your to Hitler doesn't do the job. Darth Vadar bitchs DARTH FUCKING VADAR. Take the "force" (your power trip) and shove it up your ass.

Comments

• fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited July 2010
    I took group quizzes in latin america. You could also do group essays. I was like wuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut??? Needless to say I did essays on my own.

Group assignments are boring and pointless. As a former instructor at a state university I can safely tell you that we give group assignments so we have less shit to grade.
  • MantikoreMantikore Regular
    edited July 2010
    yeah, the worst is when the people in your group cant speak english.

i had a czech and malaysian foreign student in mine. needless to say, i did most of the work
  • Professor ElmProfessor Elm Regular
    edited July 2010
    This is damn true. Although it can be good life skills to work in a group, especially with foreigners, it can hinder grades, which is obviously what people are looking for.