Ford's MyKey allows Parents to control their Children's driving.

RemadERemadE Global Moderator
edited September 2011 in Spurious Generalities
Fucks sake. No wonder kids hate the older generation. I'd be pretty pissed off if my Parents installed something like this in my car - something to restrict the speed and audio levels. Apparently it's being imported from the USA, which worries me as kids really need to have fun in life and not be a conformist Sweet 16 wannabe.

*pauses for breath*
Parents will be able to control their children's driving with a new hi-tech system launched by Britain's biggest-selling car company.

According to Ford, the MyKey device allows parents to programme a top speed, limit the volume of the stereo and even mute the audio until occupants buckle up.

Source.

Comments

• RogueEagle91RogueEagle91 Regular
    edited September 2011
    That type of system isn't available on Fords exclusively.
    It's exactly why I waited until I was out of the house to buy a new vehicle.
    Don't get me wrong.
    I don't speed much, and I don't blare my music (though I do forego a seatbelt).
    However, I saw no reason to hand more control over to my folks.

Keep in mind these systems aren't available on used vehicles.
    You might be able to have one installed, but for how much over top of the cost of the car?
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited September 2011
    Its a stupid idea. You do need to drive twatish once in a while to learn how to drive properly and to maintain your car handling skills. Part of this is having to drive the car at speed sometimes to get it to misbehave. It improves your car handling skills for the times when the roads are floode / iced up / covered in snow. Controlling how fast a new driver can drive a car is restricting the learning available to them.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited September 2011
    This would be a great idea for woman drivers.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited September 2011
    dr rocker said it perfectly. There is a car insurance advert in the UK that says "experienced drivers get up to 90% discount...not careless ones" or something like that.
    Well funnily enough, experience usually comes from being careless every so often. You tards.