Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope [1977]

DfgDfg Admin
edited September 2011 in Spurious Generalities
Part IV in a George Lucas epic, Star Wars: A New Hope opens with a rebel ship being boarded by the tyrannical Darth Vader. The plot then follows the life of a simple farmboy, Luke Skywalker, as he and his newly met allies (Han Solo, Chewbacca, Ben Kenobi, C-3PO, R2-D2) attempt to rescue a rebel leader, Princess Leia, from the clutches of the Empire. The conclusion is culminated as the Rebels, including Skywalker and flying ace Wedge Antilles make an attack on the Empires most powerful and ominous weapon, the Death Star.

IMDB

I am surprised no one thought to create a thread regarding this. I recently found Star Wars movies being posted in HD versions and I thought to myself, why not just watch them. I asked Paco and TDR regarding the movies and it seems they love it and according to them episode 4 was worth the watching. I have almost seen the movies on TV before but I didn't have a clue about the core concepts. Anyway, it's late and I need to rest. I will write more in the morning.

But honestly, I was just focusing on the effects and methods used, hell it was 1977 and Lucas did a fine job of making that film but Harrison Ford and the characters were the real heroes IMO. I am sure this movie meant a lot to people in the 70's who grew up with it and I kinda get why they're attached to this movie. Anyway, if you can do watch this movie and the rest as well. I am going to watch all 6 movies 4,5,6,1,2,3 in that sequence.

Comments

• DfgDfg Admin
    edited September 2011
    I should mention the BD print I watched has been trolled by Lucas. It took me a while to find which version I was watching.

General Information Sample Included......: Yes Chapters Included....: No Source...............: 1080p CHD Container............: AVI Length...............: 2 hours 5 minutes Size.................: 3.87 GiB Total Bitrate........: 4 444 Kbps IMDb Information.....: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0076759/ Genre................: Action | Adventure | Family | Fantasy | Sci-Fi Audio Info Codec................: AC-3 Bitrate..............: 640 Kbps kHz/bit..............: 48.0 KHz / 16 bits Channels.............: 6 Language.............: English Subtitles............: English, English for none English parts Video Info Codec................: XviD Type.................: 720p Format Profile Level.: Advanced Simple@L5 Resolution...........: 1280x544 Aspect Ratio.........: 2.35:1 Bitrate..............: 3 797 Kbps Frame Rate...........: 23.976 FPS Screenshots star1j.pngstar2g.pngstar3.pngstaret.png