Multicore Processing [Rendering]

DfgDfg Admin
edited October 2011 in Life
system.png

It's something that I always wanted to do. But on a C2D System with limited amount of RAM it wasn't possible. Not every software supports using your full processor cores and you won't see your games using that much processing power along with that there is an issue about RAM usage. A Typical work file for me cost me way much in RAM, hence the 16GB RAM I have is considered next to nothing in the grand scheme of things but it's still good enough for me to kick ass.

An i7 2600K can overclock itself to 4.4Ghz without any issue and it has 4 cores 8 threads. Meaning you can ram your processor against heavy software's and walk away without any problems.

Advantages:
Faster rendering processing, it rendering multiple frames side by side which makes your whole job a lot faster. A job that might take 50 mins of C2D system takes <6 minutes on an i7 using default speeds.
Using your processor as it was intended.

Disadvantages:
Eats up lots of RAM. Since it runs a seperate module for each thread, it can easily eat up your memory. So, it's advised to configure your system and upgrade your RAM.

Most gamers think that you cannot use your RAM to 99% and that rarely happens. Well, gamers that's true but if you're really working on your system then
canihazmoreram.png

To keep it short, if you have a Quad core processor at least 6GB of RAM or more, it's highly advised to use Multicore Rendering. Obviously you can use GPU acceleration but to be honest it's limited to some codecs ONLY. Meaning you cannot rip scene released HD videos with GPU, you will need to use Processor for it.

Although if you have Intel HD Graphics 3000 with QuickSync you're in luck. Because it's blazing fast for normal conversions.

Softwares:
Adobe Media Encoder
Xilisoft Video Converter 6