Alcohol questions

DexingsmotpokerDexingsmotpoker New Arrival
edited October 2011 in Man Cave
Hey BLTC,

iv got this botle of nyquil an i wuz wundrin if i can chug it 2 get high lol

No, but seriously:

It's been a while since I have been on here. I don't know how many serious old timers there are on BLTC anymore, it seems like it has kind of died down since back in the day. But anyway I used to regular this place way long ago back when.... Well back when I am sure some of you remember back then. Or maybe you don't anymore, which is totally acceptable. :P But yeah if you are an old-timer G and remember me, Word em up!

Anyway, the topic at hand -

I have been 21 now for a few months. Of course, with this being the case I have been drinking more than ever. Recently I have been feeling a little tired and had ever so slight intermittent head-aches from time to time, often during the day. I have been drinking (not heavily) but steadily nearly every day for, gosh I can't really remember how long. Regardless, I was searching the good old Erowid for a list of detailed addiction symptoms for alcohol, and sadly I was not immediately graced with a tidy info sheet.

My question to some of you who have flirted with alcoholism or perhaps are alcoholics, or not:

What were the very onset symptoms of dependence like, from a physical standpoint?

Were light headaches and tiredness frequent early on?

I'd like to jump off the bus before I get too far.

Thanks in advance!

*drinks his beer*

:fap:

Comments

• Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited October 2011
    Dependence upon alcohol or a specific substance (such as cocaine, nicotine, marijuana, etc.) is characterized by a maladaptive pattern of alcohol or substance use, leading to clinically significant impairment or distress, as manifested by 3 or more of the following, occurring at any time in the same 12-month period:

Tolerance, as defined by either of the following:

A need for markedly increased amounts of the alcohol or substance to achieve intoxication or desired effect

Markedly diminished effect with continued use of the same amount of the alcohol or substance

Withdrawal, as manifested by either of the following:

2 or more of the following, developing within several hours to a few days of reduction in heavy or prolonged alcohol or substance use:
    Sweating or rapid pulse
    Increased hand tremor
    Insomnia
    Nausea or vomiting
    Physical agitation
    Anxiety
    Transient visual, tactile, or auditory hallucinations or illusions
    Grand mal seizures
    The same substance (or another substance) or alcohol is taken to relieve or avoid withdrawal symptoms

The substance or alcohol is often taken in larger amounts or over a longer period than was intended

There is a persistent desire or unsuccessful efforts to cut down or control use of alcohol or the substance

A great deal of time is spent in activities necessary to obtain alcohol or the substance (e.g., visiting multiple doctors or driving long distances), using alcohol or a substance (e.g., chain-smoking), or recovering from its effects

Important social, occupational, or recreational activities are given up or reduced because of the continued alcohol or substance use

The substance or alcohol use is continued despite knowledge of having a persistent or recurrent physical or psychological problem that is likely to have been caused or exacerbated by the substance (e.g., current cocaine use despite recognition of cocaine-induced depression, or continued drinking despite recognition that an ulcer was made worse by alcohol consumption)