Facebook Wants to Issue Your IRL Offline ID & Internet Driver's License

white88enochianwhite88enochian Regular
edited November 2011 in Spurious Generalities
Facebook Wants to Issue Your IRL Offline ID & Internet Driver's License
At the start of this year, it seemed as if Facebook wanted to utilize its identity infrastructure already on millions of websites in order to issue your Internet driver's license. Apparently that wasn't aiming quite take-over-the-world high enough, since it now appears as if Facebook, via a trademark application, wants to issue your in-real-life offline identity cards as well.

google needs to buy facebook might help them take over the world faster

more of the story

https://www.networkworld.com/community/blog/facebook-wants-issue-your-irl-offline-id-inte

Comments

• SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited November 2011
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited November 2011
    Social networking can pretty much bite my crank and so can anyone foolish enough to buy into it's traps.
  • SpinsterSpinster Regular
    edited November 2011
    I think its the new smoking
  • chippychippy <b style="color:pink;">Global Moderator</b>
    edited November 2011
    It worries me how much kids today buy into the social media scene without knowing the pitfalls. I made sure my kids knew what was acceptable and what wasn't. I think a lot of kids are in for a rude awakening when they get out into the real world and find their chances of getting a job, insurance or credit compromised by things they shared with the world in ignorance of the consequences.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited November 2011
    chippy wrote: »
    It worries me how much kids today buy into the social media scene without knowing the pitfalls. I made sure my kids knew what was acceptable and what wasn't. I think a lot of kids are in for a rude awakening when they get out into the real world and find their chances of getting a job, insurance or credit compromised by things they shared with the world in ignorance of the consequences.

This. I was the last Generation to know of online security and not giving info away. Now kids like my Sister just sign up and give their life over to a HAL 9000 type machine we now know as Facebook or Google+. Seriously, when will people realise real life is more enjoyable and engaging than a fucking screen and keyboard?

:facepalm: I worry about this world.