Gangstas vs. Rednecks: Weirdly Similar Subcultures [CHART]

Comments

• dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited November 2011
    For some reason, this thread reminds me of how I got into GnR - my mother had bought Use Your Illusions 1&2 before it was officially released, two people she was working with had a bit of a bidding war over buying it so she bought the tapes just to piss them off.

I think seeing the sticker on the front saying 'This album contains language which some listeners may find objectionable. They can F?!* off and buy something from the New Age section' sold it to me.
  • ThirdRockFromTheSunThirdRockFromTheSun <b style="color:blue;">Third<em style="color:pink;">Cock</em>FromThe<em style="color:brown;">Bum</em
    edited November 2011
    I haven't actually realized that. It's a pretty good analogy. Funny, because rednecks usually want to kill the niggers, or am I getting my stereotypes mixed up?
  • white88enochianwhite88enochian Regular
    edited November 2011
    yeah and vise versa on the killing
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited November 2011
    So true. Also downloaded those tracks. Aww yeah :thumbsup:
  • edited November 2011
    There are broad similarities amongst most humans. Social trends and the prevailing attitudes that are born of them are not mysterious in nature; they can be decoded and have been.
    Generally to be exploited by marketers.

Its like cold reading, make a statement 90% of people will agree with but ACT like its focused at a special few and you have a key formula.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited November 2011