SOG FLASH 2 REVIEW.

juggjugg Regular
edited November 2011 in Man Cave
41pBV7qTXXL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
I started out buying cheap assisted open knives at gun shows. I didn't really think about spending more than ten or twenty bucks for a decent knife. I usually lost them, the ends chipped , or they broke. I was at a hardware store, and saw the SOG Flash 2. I figured what the hell and I bought two of them.

My first impressions of the knives were pretty good. The assisted opening works very well. The blade is made out of thick stainless steel, and it has reversible pocket clips.This was very handy for me because I carry two.

The first thing I noticed was the safety. The safety lock likes to open and close. This isn't good if you want to use the knife for self defense. The reason why is when you go for your knife and flick the blade to open it it wont because the safety has closed. I got some super glue, and placed a drop on the safety when it was open and I never had that problem again.

The blade locking system has worked well also. I have put this knife through its paces and the locking system hasn't failed yet. I have jammed this knife through 3/4 inch drywall, no problem. I use it in a pinch to cut holes in drywall if I'm up on a ladder and don't feel like climbing down.

The blade comes fairly sharp form the factory, but I did have to sharpen it about six months after use. In the knifes defense I did use the shit out of it, and cut things I wasn't supposed to like telephone wires,drywall etc... I still haven't chipped the point of the blade wich amazes me because I use it as a screw driver or pry bar every once in a while. The blade is a good size also I its about four inches long with a four inch handle.

If I could find something to moderately complain about its the pocket clips. I did lose one knife because it got caught on a bush while I was walking through it and the knife came out of my pocket. The plus side to the clips is that it allows you to carry your knife inside your pockets so I guess its a give and take.

Other than that I'm happy with the quality of knife for the cost that I paid. I believe I bought them at about 40 dollars a piece. If you clean it once and tighten the allen screw once in a while action stays fast.

I'm sure that there are better knives, but if you only have forty bucks its worth the investment.