Hellish...I discovered your secret

LSA KingLSA King Regular
edited July 2010 in Spurious Generalities
Well, it ends up Bing is worth a shit for some things. After talking on IRC to trx100 about Totse.info's SEO status I decided to try typing in "totse" on Google to prove him wrong, and then for a strange reason I typed the same into Bing.

I'm not surprised nobody hasn't discovered this easter egg, nor traced it back to you like I did since Bing is the only one that indexes it via the keyword and nobody but me uses that search engine lol.

Behold...

http://modrs2.info

Put the two and two together with totse.info and you will see I am right for those that know how to ;).

So is this a beta platform, or is this the precursor to Totse.info? Perhaps a test bed?

Comments

• Fetus-SmasherFetus-Smasher Regular
    edited July 2010
    ...good gravy..
  • DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited July 2010
    I found that 2 days ago. I searched totse.info on bing.com and it didn't shown up except for that site. Thought it was a glitch.
  • edited July 2010
    Looks like that other site is hosted on GoDaddy... A whois search brings up a lot of information too (which I won't post, in case it's actually Hellish's).
  • ILTST9ILTST9 Regular
    edited July 2010
    This mirror has been up since not long after Totse went down. I figure it comes up for totse.info because one it is a totse mirror and two has a .info domain.
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited July 2010
    trx100 wrote: »
    Looks like that other site is hosted on GoDaddy... A whois search brings up a lot of information too (which I won't post, in case it's actually Hellish's).

Definitely not a glitch, and the information is exactly the same (minus the backtrace goes to a different server). Speaking of such, Hellish probably should anonymize his DNS info in the future lol especially given this sites credentials.
  • edited July 2010
    LSA King wrote: »
    Definitely not a glitch, and the information is exactly the same (minus the backtrace goes to a different server). Speaking of such, Hellish probably should anonymize his DNS info in the future lol especially given this sites credentials.

Yeah bro, get right on that. I think you can still anonymize it, right?
  • DaSkipperDaSkipper Regular
    edited July 2010
    How is this a secret? OMG HE HAD TWO TOTSE MIRRORS! WHOA

And just check his topics on zoklet like I did. You'd see it there also.
  • SkittlesSkittles Regular
    edited July 2010
    He said this quite a while ago. I used to lurk modrs quite a bit, but it never really got any decent traffic. Its funny though because it was exactly the same as totse.info except for the url.

http://www.zoklet.net/bbs/showthread.php?t=15163
    edited July 2010
    Yeah bro, get right on that. I think you can still anonymize it, right?

Yeah, you can help minimize the information sent out through whois requests with proxy services such as DomainsByProxy.
    DaSkipper wrote: »
    How is this a secret? OMG HE HAD TWO TOTSE MIRRORS! WHOA

And just check his topics on zoklet like I did. You'd see it there also.

Interesting, that was new to me lol. Nothing more fun then developing a conspiracy though.
    edited July 2010
  • edited July 2010
    ^ Wow, she's pretty hot

Edit: Oh, you deleted it. Well, that joke would have been funny, I guess.
    edited July 2010
    ^ Wow, she's pretty hot

Edit: Oh, you deleted it. Well, that joke would have been funny, I guess.

Wasn't a joke, brah.
  • edited July 2010
    Dysgraphia wrote: »
    Wasn't a joke, brah.

No, but what I said was meant to be. I was implying that he was the blonde girl in the picture.

I'm fucking tired man, ignore me :D
    edited July 2010
    Okay, now I HAVE to see the picture. Request for repost.
  • edited July 2010
    Okay, now I HAVE to see the picture. Request for repost.

She's not actually hot, by the way. She also has period on her face.

EDIT: Also, that Facebook account ISN'T Hellish. Also, I don't wish to disclose any personal information, so I'll shut up now.
  • edited July 2010
    Yeah thats been around.
    edited July 2010
    noesch

Registrant of the http://modrs2.info domain.

I don't know if theirs a rule for that but do not fucking post info on the admin. I will ban you without second thought. And even if it isn't real, I do not give a fuck.

Don't hint at personal info like where to get it and of course don't fucking post it.
    edited July 2010
    DaSkipper wrote: »
    I don't know if theirs a rule for that but do not fucking post info on the admin. I will ban you without second thought. And even if it isn't real, I do not give a fuck.

Don't hint at personal info like where to get it and of course don't fucking post it.

Moderated Message
    Please refrain from mini-modding.
    Kind regards,

Dysgraphia.

Oh and btw. It was a whois search up like trx100 said.
    edited July 2010
    Hey faggot I'm mod of BI. Durp.
  • Big baby jesusBig baby jesus Regular
    edited July 2010
    that's where all the bro-totseans post, that's why you didn't know about it LSA King.
  • edited July 2010
    Modsrs was the first time we were around and it disappeared after really no traffic was there.
  • LuxJigabooLuxJigaboo Regular
    edited July 2010
    Modsrs was the first time we were around and it disappeared after really no traffic was there.

This.

However when Hellish first posted modrs2 on zoklet it did gain attention, and people did register, and Zok even allowed the posts promoting modrs2 to be deleted.
    edited July 2010
    I think I joined modrs2 but I didn't honestly care for it. And I wouldn't remember that name ever.
  • SliceSlice Regular
    edited July 2010
    Holy shit. I remember that site! It went up soon after Totse.com died :(

People forgot about it I guess.
  • edited July 2010
    That's pretty awesome, I didn't realize that place actually had a history. Thanks for the history lesson!
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2010
    It's owned by Deus people. That's the Totse mirror.
  • SilosighbinSilosighbin Regular
    edited July 2010
    Wut? I don't understand what everyone's talking about. I'm a nub
  • MantikoreMantikore Regular
    edited July 2010
    This is certainly an interesting scenario.

If i knew what the fuck was going on
  • edited July 2010
    Dfg wrote: »

Deus is Hellish? Hellish created modsrs2 in March 2009 and some of us posted on the forum until it went down.

Here is where he advertised it on zoklet:
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2010
    Deus is Hellish? Hellish created modsrs2 in March 2009 and some of us posted on the forum until it went down.

Here is where he advertised it on zoklet:

Oops, Deus server was Dandy something.

I remember modsrs2 :(
  • 1357913579 Death Cog Machine
    edited July 2010
    lol @ people thinking a whois and some googling is personal information :facepalm:
  • edited July 2010
    13579 wrote: »
    lol @ people thinking a whois and some googling is personal information :facepalm:

Uh... When that Whois contains someone's name, address and phone number then that would be classed as personal in my books.
  • HelladamnleetHelladamnleet Banned
    edited July 2010
    You niggers didn't do shit. BTW, to the faggot ass nigger who said they are mod of BI: No your not.
    edited July 2010
    Uh... When that Whois contains someone's name, address and phone number then that would be classed as personal in my books.

Whois isn't personal information, it is extremely public domain which is why I later pointed out why it might be a good idea to use a DomainByProxy service to help classify it more. You can't completely hide what your Domain Register shows without going through massive loops.

It's like saying when someone has your IP they can hack you and then running a traceroute (insert that 15 year old idiot on Youtube video lol) and finding an IP allows you to hack someone. It requires a whole lot more once you acquire an IP to actually hack it :p. Same goes with a whois in relation to personal info.
    edited July 2010
    Whois isn't personal information, it is extremely public domain which is why I later pointed out why it might be a good idea to use a DomainByProxy service to help classify it more. You can't completely hide what your Domain Register shows without going through massive loops.

It's like saying when someone has your IP they can hack you and then running a traceroute (insert that 15 year old idiot on Youtube video lol) and finding an IP allows you to hack someone. It requires a whole lot more once you acquire an IP to actually hack it :p. Same goes with a whois in relation to personal info.

:thumbsup:
    edited July 2010
    :thumbsup:

1279906952073394100.jpg

...and for those unfamiliar with what I'm talking about

• edited July 2010
    Haha, alright. Instead of personal information, what about "dox" ?

I dunno what I was getting at really. I'd just personally hate to have my information on the internet in case someone ever wanted to dox me and somehow fuck me over.

Maybe I'm just paranoid.
  • HTS-NoobHTS-Noob Regular
    edited July 2010
    I don't remember hearing about modsrs at ALL. Clearly it worked better this time. totse.info just struck at the right time. People were getting bored and pissed off and things were coming to a head. Add a few coincidental moderation/administration fuck ups which were also perfectly timed to totse's benefit and BAM, traffic. :mad:
  • HelladamnleetHelladamnleet Banned
    edited July 2010
    Was there even a point in doing all this then? Couldn't he have just changed the URL on modrs w/e?
  • SkittlesSkittles Regular
    edited July 2010
    Was there even a point in doing all this then? Couldn't he have just changed the URL on modrs w/e?

I don't understand it either :confused:
  • HTS-NoobHTS-Noob Regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm pretty confused. This is all confusing.
  • jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited July 2010
  • edited July 2010
    Dfg wrote: »

I remember it being posted on the sinking totse.com and on zoklet some. DMay I ask what you a referring to by the "Deus people"?
  • NumberjumboNumberjumbo Regular
    edited July 2010
    lsa king wrote: »
    (minus the backtrace goes to a different server)
    did you back trace it
  • edited July 2010
    did you back trace it

Oh god, hahahaha.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited July 2010

Can you imagine how much shit Jeff Hunter would have had to deal with if everyone knew where he lived or had his phone number? Hellish should really do something to avoid having his address and whatnot posted.
  • jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited July 2010