Conservative columnist fired for writing racist articles

ZedZed Semo-Regulars
edited April 2012 in Spurious Generalities
A columnist has been fired from a national magazine after he wrote a 'nasty and indefensible' piece urging his children to stay away from African Americans. John Derbyshire lost his job at the National Review for the article which claimed to be advice he offered to his own children.

In an online piece for Taki's Magazine called 'The Talk: Nonblack version' Derbyshire said to avoid events attended by African-Americans, stay out of certain neighborhoods and scrutinise the character of black politicians.

article-2126820-1283BE23000005DC-960_468x506.jpg
Fired: Columnist John Derbyshire lost his job at the National Review after posting a racist column online

read more--

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2126820/John-Derbyshire-Columnist-fired-writing-racist-article.html

Comments

• DfgDfg Admin
    edited April 2012
    Well, he can keep his racist ways to himself. Color isn't everything, the people who distinguish others by their skin color are morons. I just hate idiots regardless of their ethinic background.
  • ZedZed Semo-Regulars
    edited April 2012
    Dfg wrote: »
    Well, he can keep his racist ways to himself. Color isn't everything, the people who distinguish others by their skin color are morons. I just hate idiots regardless of their ethinic background.
    Good call, it makes the individual more responsible for his behavior.
  • MarineBoatMarineBoat Regular
    edited April 2012
    Dfg wrote: »

Pretty much what I was gonna say. :thumbsup:
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited April 2012
    Pfft, silly Pakis.

Nah seriously, cultural practices are evident (after living in West London, such as Turks, Sikhs and Yardies/Jamaicans). They aren't all applicable though.

Still, interesting read despite wearing my "hated by the Daily Mail" shirt lol