Prescription Painkillers Now the Leading Cause of Accidental Deaths

ZedZed Semo-Regulars
edited June 2012 in Spurious Generalities
Car accidents are no longer the leading cause of accidental deaths in the United States. According to a recent report published by the CDC's National Center for Health Statistics, this dubious distinction now belongs to drug poisoning. What's at the root of this trend? A river of prescription painkillers. read more-- http://io9.com/5919434/prescription-painkillers-now-the-leading-cause-of-accidental-deaths

Our society is becoming sad ;(.

Comments

• RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited June 2012
    Tell me about it, man. I was watching a BBC report on this in the USA. It's becoming quickly evident that these are the golden years for smuggling and hoarding painkillers. Soon they'll be locked down...or just prescribed en-mass to kill off the population *puts on tin foil hat*

I'm from the UK, but despite the problem not being as public here, it exists with benzos and painkillers. The former being a middle class sort of addiction, the latter being an all-rounder, especially in sport. Fuck - my University Dissertation was about drug laws and abuse. Even used Rodent, the member here, as a source ;)

I know what addiction is like, as I had it for 6 years and I finally got on track to the road to recovery. People are getting desperate, they've had enough and the lack of information supplied with them creates a dangerous atmosphere. Know your body, know your chemical.