Roach filters!

RemadERemadE Global Moderator
edited August 2012 in Spurious Generalities
This is based on the European model of the spliff, as you can see in the illustration below, they consist of tobacco, weed/hash and a cardboard roach (unlike American versions) -

Now a lot of people don't like to put regular filters in their joints. It can cause lack of shape (cone) and some believe it filters out the THC/CBD/etc. So here's a little thing I came up with, stoned, with my ex, and it works a treat.

In short, I was sick of getting tobacco through the roach into my mouth. So after my bitching and moaning, we came up with this idea.
Step 1 - The roach

Take your roach paper (business-card thickness card/paper) and roll it as you can see in the photo.
Step 2 - The filter
Take an excess Rizla paper and tear off a small amount (maybe 1cm squared but depending on the size of the roach is the amount you tear off). You soon get the hang of it.
Roach%20%28Small%29.jpg
The filter by itself

Roach%20Placement%20%28Small%29.jpg
Correct placement of filter in spliff

Step 3 - Roll up, Roll up!
It may be a bit harder to roll at first but I've had no problems. As long as the filter isn't too thick/long then you're fine. It should just cover the width of the roach.

But roll as normal, pack it well, and toke away!

Comments

• edited August 2012
    And remember to save up your roaches. After you've got enough of them, they can be smoked (although smoking cardboard isn't too great for you).
  • GoingNowhereGoingNowhere Global Moderator
    edited August 2012
    Haha, thought this was about cockroaches before clicking the thread :)

Moved from Chemical Imbalance Towers to CMS.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited August 2012
    trx100 wrote: »
    And remember to save up your roaches. After you've got enough of them, they can be smoked (although smoking cardboard isn't too great for you).

That helps with American mostly as they tend to pack with 100% weed but you may get some tar/black stuff you can smoke on the cardboard (sounds lovely, don't it?) Blargh.
  • NonmaeNonmae Semo-Regulars
    edited August 2012
    I tried the type of filter described in this guide in a fag works better than a roach just on it's own in my opinion and stops any dust slipping through into your mouth :) Thanks for the guide :D
    edited August 2012
    Glad I could have been of service, Nonmae! :D It does really help as my Ex was tired of me bitching and moaning about tobacco or bits of bud flying through the roach and it doesn't take long to do either.

PS. if you could link me to the CMS post I will add an edit as there was an error in formatting ;) logged into the CMS but in a hurry as I'm going out.
    edited August 2012
    I login to the CMS without using TOR, but I have to change my password every time. Sucks :( WordPress hates me