HALO 4 Forward Unto Dawn [2012]

DfgDfg Admin
edited November 2012 in Spurious Generalities
HALO franchise is quite famous, any Xbox player would at least know about them, unfortunately for me, I haven't played HALO yet. I am actually fan of the Audio Books and the story in general. I have listened to the Audio Books and although the first one wasn't accurate the second and third were interesting. Also, the story telling is different and the author goes into a lot of detail in setting up the scenes and talking about the weapons used, however it's full of Military type precision and language. The pace is fast and the action is way too much, but that's just the Audio Books.

343 Studios deal with making videos for the video game, I have seen some action clips from another special concert which was about music used in the games, I loved the HALO OST. I am not a fan because I haven't memorized the story but I do know a lot about it for someone who never played the game. HALO 4 Forward Unto Dawn is the new movie which revisits a story of Lanksys, the name spelling is wrong but who cares. I think it's set in when UNSC was fighting the Insurgents and there was a war going on. I was hoping to see some new story but I am glad they went with the past story first.

The movie starts off slow and ends up on a high note, I should mention that you start in the future and then revisit the past. With that out of the way, the CGI is off the hook, I creamed my pants watching it, was glued to the screen because I was literally watching a Game world being adapted into Live action, it's a dream come true for any gamer. It doesn't suck like Resident Evil, it's beautiful, so much so it's a fucking Art piece. It was beautifully executed, sure we can drop things here and there but for a game Universe it was amazing, mind blowing even. The sound track was powerful, the action sequences were just about right and the level of destruction and dead was accurate.

They're fighting Covenent, a Religious race that thinks Human should be exterminated and they vague war on Humanity. Master Chief our main hero (well it's the main player in the games) is ever confident. I respected him from the Books, this dude follows orders to the letter and yet he has a heart of gold. You should read about his complex background history and how his team was trained. But when you're watching the movie you will only just get an idea about certain facts, but if you knew Master Chief history and his loss and how he inspired other people, you will enjoy the movie more.

This movie is for the game fans but if you're not a fan, I still suggest watching it.

Master Chief Out.