And the weekly articles are back & a new host

DfgDfg Admin
edited December 2012 in Spurious Generalities
d487dd8240b011e28a5622000a1fbe35_7.jpg
I had this idea about writing things for the CMS and I found out that it takes too much time and I can't make threads based on one piece of information, also my information intake is quite low. So, I decided to follow the newsletter format in which I talk about not one or two subjects but multiple subjects, from videos to tech to GOD knows what. It's a lot simpler and I can do it easily plus it will generate some traffic and with the added bonus of sleazy content, I think I can attract more traffic in.

But I do have an issue with the current host, not only it's expensive per month, it's not flexible in anyway. Sure I do get a decent e-mail service but it's still a pain in the ass. I was thinking of partnering up with my buddy Jackson who handles the dating and relationship market and add his ads and drive some traffic to his end but in order for me to do that, I would need a host that I can control and the content that we I can work with. So, I was thinking of making the move. I already have root access to the server, I already manage the infrastructure and it has the bandwidth and CPU power to handle the load. Also with root access, I can do a lot of good things as well, such as add another domain into the mix.

But it will allow us to expand certain aspect that we're forced to keep down for now and it will also reduce some stress on my end mostly due to the down times I face each month. Also, like it or not, this has to happen soon. The free SSL certificated will expire soon and on the new host I can just use a self signed one.

So, what do you guys suggest.

Comments