Two For The Money; Beaver Was Right!

DfgDfg Admin
edited February 2013 in Spurious Generalities
For starters here is the IMDB page.

Next up is the summary:
After suffering a career-ending injury, a former college football star aligns himself with one of the most renowned touts in the sports-gambling business.

and then it's just me praising the movie; OMG, FUCK JESUS HOLY SHIT WTF OMG AWESOME CRIES HOLY SHIT... wait...

Yeah pretty much that. So Beaver pitched me this movie a while ago and I told him I would watch it between then and now I sort of had this downloaded but like the data whore I am, it got lost in the folders. Today I was sorting the files and cleaning out my e-JUNK and I found this movie and thought wait a minute. I was tired and I had family here, so lots of noise and yes it's 10 PM and way past my new bed time but I will go on. Anyway, I watched the movie, most of it went above my head the betting part but it did give an insight into what Beaver was talking about at that time. I was inspired, moved, hyped and then broken and yes it's just a film majority of the things can be taken for granted like the lifestyle, the winning ODDS and the side story but the main point is still the same.

I still recall Walters line, the betting industry is worth 200 Billion dollars, Government can't tax it and it's not illegal. And I am not sure if that's accurate but I do know it's tax free and legal, well not in Pakistan but that doesn't stop anyone. I sort of loved football a bit more because of this, when you add up the stalks you do start to enjoy what the game is all about, oh sure we have rivals and everyone is just cheering for their team but when you reach at that cliff, you know that point where is something doesn't go your way your lose it all, add that element to that game and it's fucking drug. I could see the effect of gambling right there and it helped me get the mindset of most gamblers, for some it's the need you need to be on the edge but like majority of the callers in the movie, it's the hope, you're betting on something that's uncertain and those betters give you that certainty, they gave you the final push.

It's like you're asking or telling me that you want to commit suicide and I am telling you which way to do it and I convince you that you must kill yourself but with my method and forgo your own choice, you take my choice because you called me first. It's just awesome. I know the movie does have some short fall but honestly I didn't give a fuck, to me it was a joy ride of pure awesomeness. Hell at the end I was just acting like Brandon, pointing my fingers and just saying, COME ON.

I would highly recommend this movie, mostly because it's a GOOD movie and Beaver loved it and in my book that's I need to know <3.

EDIT:
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/two_for_the_money/

Yeah, Rotten hates it but hey you make your own choices.