Howl's Moving Castle

AKIRAAKIRA Regular
edited August 2010 in Spurious Generalities
howls-moving-castle.jpg

A plain young hatter named Sophie has her life changed when an evil witch transforms her into an old woman. Unable to face her family in such a condition, Sophie runs away in search of a way to become young again. Along the way, Sophie helps a turnip headed scarecrow, who repays her by leading her to the moving castle owned by the dreaded wizard Howl. There she befriends Howl's apprentice Markl, Howl's fire demon Calcifer, and eventually, Howl himself. Sophie then becomes the castle's cleaning lady in an effort to not only find the solution to her problem but to save Howl from his own terrible secrets as well.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9PB2ADM4

Comments

• edited August 2010
    it's a miyazaki film. but it's not his best. also the english dub is terrible.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited August 2010
    Center the image OP using center tags. Thanks for posting this [tweeting this]
  • FONFON Regular
    edited August 2010
    I thought HMC was awesome. Found it randomly late at night on TV at christmas eve a few years ago. Tripped me the fuck out.

Whats some other good Miyazaki films?
  • AKIRAAKIRA Regular
    edited August 2010
    FON wrote: »
    I thought HMC was awesome. Found it randomly late at night on TV at christmas eve a few years ago. Tripped me the fuck out.

Whats some other good Miyazaki films?

Ponyo is pretty good, nothing to much action packed, just a nice love story type comedy, Princess Mononoke is great, Spirited Away is one of my favorites and amazing too, My Neighbor Totoro is pretty good, Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind is another one of my favorites.
    it's a miyazaki film. but it's not his best. also the english dub is terrible.

Yeah they arent that great, but i've heard worse.
  • D7D7 Regular
    edited August 2010
    I like Howl's, it has some differences compared to the books but it's still a great watch.
    AKIRA wrote: »
    Ponyo is pretty good, nothing to much action packed, just a nice love story type comedy, Princess Mononoke is great, Spirited Away is one of my favorites and amazing too, My Neighbor Totoro is pretty good, Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind is another one of my favorites.

Agreed. Spirited Away is also my favorite. I've only watched 3 ghibli's movies : Totoro, Howl's, and Spirited Away. Haven't wathed ponyo yet but people keeps saying good things about this one so I'm gonna watch it this week. The Borrowers Arrietty seems nice, they are just airing it in japan but there's no other news about it :( .
  • AKIRAAKIRA Regular
    edited August 2010
    Agreed. Spirited Away is also my favorite. I've only watched 3 ghibli's movies : Totoro, Howl's, and Spirited Away. Haven't wathed ponyo yet but people keeps saying good things about this one so I'm gonna watch it this week. The Borrowers Arrietty seems nice, they are just airing it in japan but there's no other news about it :( .

Yeah I heard about that and cant wait for it, I'll see if I can dig around and find it.