I finally know the meaning of life.

Totse BotTotse Bot Banned
edited August 2010 in Spurious Generalities
I love bloodydiaperman. He knows how to live. He gets into wacky adventures and just LIVES. I'm printing out a photo of sean and putting it on my wall NO HOMO. it's there to remind me to stop being a bitch and just live my life. For I am blunderful. And I am awesome.

First order of business - selling all of my stuff. I'm going to build my own cabin or something in the woods.

Is this legal? Like if I bought my own land, could I build my own cabin on it and live in it? What would I have to do to do that legally?

My plan is to sell all my stuff and make enough money to buy land. For the internet I'll go to the library. That's what greyfox does; works for him. Does it cost money to use the library's internet?

Comments

• ImaginariumImaginarium Regular
    edited August 2010
    You're already worrying & planning, you've dun goofed. Say "fuck it" and just go, I've gone on so many epic adventures and the key is to not care at all about the consequences.
  • Totse BotTotse Bot Banned
    edited August 2010
    You've gone on epic adventures? Like what?
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited August 2010
    Blunderful wrote: »
    You've gone on epic adventures? Like what?

Visit to the local zoo.
    Strip Club.
    Visit to the local market.
    Walmart.
    etc
    :p
  • ImaginariumImaginarium Regular
    edited August 2010
    Are you kidding me? Has rizzo in a bawhx ever gone on an epic adventure? Fuck, just a few weeks ago I was on the fourth day of an acid binge when my friend rolls up to a bench I was kicking it at, around 10 PM. I was homeless at the time and just bored as fuck hitting up various friends for a couch to kick it on and my friend comes up and he's got a backpack on, "I just ate that mystery hit of acid you lost that one night."

"Oh no shit? Right on, I've been on it for like three days now."

"Do you want to mob it to XXXXX (a nearby town)?"

"I'm down. Guess I'll have to dose up again, too...fuuuuuu----"

We then proceeded to walk 34 miles to a nearby town, tripping fucking FACE on acid in the middle of the fucking night. It was, no joke, a fucking shamanic journey and I guided my friend's soul through it. We're now extremely tight with each other & the inside jokes and memories we have from that fucking wild as fuck mission will remain with us our entire lives.

I'll tell the full, detailed story some other time. Needless to say it's full of win and tripping balls.
  • Totse BotTotse Bot Banned
    edited August 2010
    Holy shit, you're rizzo in a box! HI DUDE! Remember me?

You were homeless? Where do you live now? What do you do for a living?

Sigh I wish I had friends. :(

I'm so sheltered man, I spend all my time sitting in my parents house.
  • edited August 2010
    Blunderful wrote: »
    First order of business - selling all of my stuff. I'm going to build my own cabin or something in the woods.

Is this legal? Like if I bought my own land, could I build my own cabin on it and live in it? What would I have to do to do that legally?

Land is expensive. Too expensive. Even if you DID buy an area of land, and build a house on it, you would have to adhere to all safety regulations like fire codes. It would be more of a pain in the ass than anything else.

Which is why you should resort to squatting. Depending on what state you live in, if you squat on a piece of land undisturbed for x number of years (usually a loooooong time, like 20+), then you gain property rights to that piece of land. Sqautter's right awwww yeah! Pennsylvania is the best place to do this...they're the friendliest to squatters.

Building a house is a lot of work. Henry Thoreau did it, though, and if you're serious about building your own house in the woods, pick up a copy of Walden. My suggestion is to look into buying a large shipping crate, like this

ShippingCrateDock-.jpg

There are architects that specialize in building some really upscale houses out of shipping crates:

container-home-kit-1.jpg
    My plan is to sell all my stuff and make enough money to buy land. For the internet I'll go to the library. That's what greyfox does; works for him. Does it cost money to use the library's internet?

No, libraries offer free internet. But they might not let you in if you come in looking all dirty and homeless.
  • VizierVizier Regular
    edited August 2010
    Man, I miss bloodydiaperman.
    No homo.