UFC 117 Anderson vs Sonnen

LSA KingLSA King Regular
edited August 2010 in Spurious Generalities
untitl-1281209906.jpg

Thoughts? Predictions? Live Feeds?

I'll post any feeds I find when the time arrives.

http://www.vip--tv.com/vip-tv.php has been pretty solid, although they might start requiring a password now.

Login/Password:
viptv

I'm rooting for Sonnen and Big Country myself although quite possibly the opposite in each fight will most likely win.

Comments

• duuudeduuude Regular
    edited August 2010
    Predictions:

Roy Nelson < Junior dos Santos
    Matt Hughes > Ricardo Almeida
    Clay Guida < Rafael dos Anjos
    Jon Fitch > Thiago Alves
    Anderson Silva > Chael Sonnen
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited August 2010
    I normally use realsportz.net its usually very reliable. You may have to download the veetle plugin though. Pretty weak card though imo.

Edit: Im on there right now its there putting the links up right now.
    edited August 2010
    Damn I thought sonnen had him. Silva got dominated for those 1st 4 rounds. Excellent fight. All in all tonight was pretty good.
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited August 2010
    That's some fucking bullshit. These are the type of fights that make me want to riot after they are over. On one hand I am pissed at Sonnen for being stupid enough to allow himself to be open to a triangle in the first place when he could have just smothered him for 2 minutes. On the other hand I am pissed Silva did practically nothing but literally stay alive for 23 minutes and squeak out a victory.
  • Big baby jesusBig baby jesus Regular
    edited August 2010
    I'm tired of UFC. All the fights go the same. Stand-up, ground, grapple, rinse, repeat.
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited August 2010
    I'm tired of UFC. All the fights go the same. Stand-up, ground, grapple, rinse, repeat.

Yeah you have to take a break. I took a year or two year break back when Tito and Chuck were the "Big Thing" going on and only recently came back during the Big Nog and Couture fight. Really it's the only thing to watch on a Saturday, otherwise I probably wouldn't even pay attention.

Sometimes you need that break from all sports. Unlike others though, Boxing and MMA are pretty much year round and not seasonal.
  • Big baby jesusBig baby jesus Regular
    edited August 2010
    Yeah I think that's the thing with other sports; if it's that time of year then I kinda wanna tune in but then the season will get boring after a while. UFC on the other hand is just like, oh well I guess I'll watch these two muscleheads bash each other for a while, not like there's any executions on at the Colosseum tonight.
  • Pill PopperPill Popper Regular
    edited August 2010
    It is too bad silvia won

I really was hoping the bastard would lose and he did come close
  • mr.bluntmr.blunt Regular
    edited August 2010
    That was a good fight, overall. Got to see Silva get his ass beat and yet he still won. I like Silva, but lately he's just been a jerkoff, hopefully this fight will open his eyes and make him realize he has to take people seriously, and we'll see some better work from him.

I'd like to see a rematch sometime too, Sonnen sure as shit deserves one if they're doing Penn/Edgar 2 in UFC 118.
  • mr.bluntmr.blunt Regular
    edited August 2010

It sounds boring if you put it that way, you can say the same for any sport. Hockey; drop puck, body check, score goal, repeat. Basketball; jump, pivot, throw ball, repeat. Soccer; kick ball, dive, repeat.

Not all fights are like that. There are fights that are just complete stand-up battles, and others that are entirely wrestling. Then others that are mixes of the two. Sure, you could say it's boring watching two guys grapple round after round, but there's so much different shit that each guy can do on the ground that it's not like grappling is just uniformly the same from fighter to fighter, and any grappling match could be radically different from the next.
    edited August 2010
    Did anyone else :rolleyes: during the Silva interview when he talked about his injured ribs. The man made excuses even in victory. And yes the dissaointment was extreme Silva needs to get defeated hes way to cocky lately. Kinda gay though how Sonnen tried to make it seem like he didnt tap though
  • duuudeduuude Regular
    edited August 2010
    Great night of fights overall. I was 4 - 1 with my picks, I should of known Guida would win I just figured dos Anjos would with better jiu jitsu.

I was more than happy to see Roy Nelson get his ass kicked.. although I'll admit he was tough as shit, I thought he was getting KO'd for sure.

I would have to say Stefan Struve and Silva's come from behind wins were my favorite fights. Both of them were getting the shit beat out of them. Struve's lip looked fucked up.
    edited August 2010
    duuude wrote: »
    Great night of fights overall. I was 4 - 1 with my picks, I should of known Guida would win I just figured dos Anjos would with better jiu jitsu.

I was more than happy to see Roy Nelson get his ass kicked.. although I'll admit he was tough as shit, I thought he was getting KO'd for sure.

I would have to say Stefan Struve and Silva's come from behind wins were my favorite fights. Both of them were getting the shit beat out of them. Struve's lip looked fucked up.

Last night was the first time I remember seeing struve KO someone so that was pretty cool and unexpected. Also I had a feeling Roy was gonna get fucked up but he did definitely surprise me with his chin. I could see him becoming a force in the future I mean he was an IFL champion so he's got experience.