Reported Post by Helladamnleet

HelladamnleetHelladamnleet Banned
edited September 2010 in Infractions
Helladamnleet has reported a post.

Reason:
Pretty sure there is a section for religion related topics.
Forum: Spurious Generalities
Assigned Moderators: HTS-Noob, :mad:ijuana

Posted by: Pope
Original Content:
I told her this story about how this guy asked me my religion, and I hesitated. She asked what he said. I said he said he was Christian, and then she said, "And you told him you were Christian too right?" pause "You are Roman Catholic"

I said "Ummm"

"you believe in Jesus Christ right?"

"No."

"So you're an atheist?"

"yeah"

pause

"when did this happen?"

"it didn't happen all at once, it was a long time coming"

pause

"oh ok"

I never thought of my parents as being really religious, but apparently they are to some degree. I cant get off my mind why my mom paused like that, it seemed as though she was disappointed. After looking back on why, I think my mom believes that I am going to go to hell.

I am not someone who does not like going to church so I say "hey ill be an atheist, I can sleep late on sunday"

I am atheist for the logical reasons. I am a materialist. Right now I have no evidence of any god, should I be presented with evidence, I will change my views. I have not had an experience with god. A failure to explain real world events that are unexplainable should not be substituted with "god does it in his mysterious ways"

Im an atheist for logical reasons. Like I said I was raised Roman Catholic. The Pope (lol real pope) does not want the use of condoms at all. So the people in africa who spread aids should all die, and we should have more babies in america as a result of it. Pedophillia should be excused just because it can be, and so that they look like they know what they are doing. If this guys the word of God, then frankly, I wouldnt want to believe in a God who believes that.