Beef Jerky Diet

fanglekaifanglekai Regular
edited December 2010 in Life

Comments

• fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited September 2010
    That sucks!!

I didn't write this, it's copypasta from that guy's blog. But oh well. I actually can't edit the title now. I need a mod to please add Guide to it.
    edited September 2010
    I only spent $36.
  • KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
    edited September 2010
    Sounds expensive.

Fuck now I have a hankerin for jerky, and deer season's a while away. FUCK YOU!!!
    edited September 2010
    Sounds expensive.

Fuck now I have a hankerin for jerky, and deer season's a while away. FUCK YOU!!!

$36 for 5 lbs of jerky? That's a pretty good price/lb.
  • KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
    edited September 2010
    Yeah but it's likely fatty meat. I like the real stuff. Venison > Beef.

And It's a ridiculous price/lb.
    edited September 2010
    It's 97% lean. Although I do like elk, buffalo, and venison as well.
  • acid_dropacid_drop Regular
    edited September 2010
    Where the shit do you get all that jerky for that cheap? Make it yourself or what?
    edited September 2010
    ANSWER ME FANG. I KNOW YOU'RE ON THE INTRANETS. YOU'RE ALWAYS ON THE INTRANETS :mad:
    edited September 2010
    Holy shit chill man I sleep sometimes. I check slickdeals.net. There was a deal on Amazon for Jack Links Peppered Beef Jerky. 97% lean. I got 6 of the mega 10 oz bags for $36 shipped. What you do is use the subscribe & save feature, and then cancel that order. I also had a coupon for $20 off $60, so it ended up being cheap as shit.
    edited September 2010
    fanglekai wrote: »
    Holy shit chill man I sleep sometimes. I check slickdeals.net. There was a deal on Amazon for Jack Links Peppered Beef Jerky. 97% lean. I got 6 of the mega 10 oz bags for $36 shipped. What you do is use the subscribe & save feature, and then cancel that order. I also had a coupon for $20 off $60, so it ended up being cheap as shit.

YOU CHILL, MOTHER FUCKER.:angry:

Also, because of you I had to buy a big bag of beef jerky after I got off work. yum yum. Just regular stuff. But I LOVE the Jack Links KCmasterpiece one. I would live off that shit if I could. I think we need to replace MREs with KcMasterpiece beef jerky, cocaine, and blow up dolls.
    edited September 2010
    acid_drop wrote: »
    YOU CHILL, MOTHER FUCKER.:angry:

Also, because of you I had to buy a big bag of beef jerky after I got off work. yum yum. Just regular stuff. But I LOVE the Jack Links KCmasterpiece one. I would live off that shit if I could. I think we need to replace MREs with KcMasterpiece beef jerky, cocaine, and blow up dolls.

lol I'd be tempted to join the service for those MREs. Man I ate too much of this jerky. I ate a whole 10 oz bag in a day. Such a bad idea :(
    edited September 2010
    lol I'd be tempted to join the service for those MREs. Man I ate too much of this jerky. I ate a whole 10 oz bag in a day. Such a bad idea :(

That's what I can't purchase large quantities of beef jerky, shit would be all gone in an hour. It didn't take me long to devour this 6.5oz bag.
    edited September 2010
    It's so much salt, though. 250% of the DRI.
    edited September 2010
    It's so much salt, though. 250% of the DRI.

I'll survive. I eat very very little sodium as it is. I don't like salty anything, will not use a salt shaker, and prefer fresh food over any other.
    edited September 2010
    I don't use much salt either. I've had to drink lots of water, though, cause eating the whole bag all at once is a bad idea.
  • vOmitreevOmitree Acolyte
    edited September 2010
    1. Befriend a native.
    2. Ask for homemade jerky (Its actually pretty easy to make yourself, pretty much just involves smoking whatever meat you prefer, probably some other steps too)
    3. ????
    4. Lose weight : D
  • edited September 2010
    How about a biltong diet?
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited September 2010
    If I had the money I'd do this. I love beef Jerkey. Actually I love any Jerkey when i went to New Orleans they had all kinds of Jerky Alligator emu bison it was awesome.
    edited December 2010
    plz add guide prefix and add to cms :o
  • edited December 2010
    Right here Fangly, just working rough hours lately. I will add the Guide heading, but I'm not sure about how to publish to cms, or if it is appropriate to do so with "copypasta". I would prefer that "diet" oriented threads go in Reinvent Yourself, but it has been getting good traffic and nobody has raised an issue, so it stays. Perhaps a couple of recipes for home made beef Jerky would make it a better thread, hmmm?
    C/O
    "Kitchen make brain hurrrrrt, time to have a few and unload in B&M"
    edited December 2010
    I've never tried making beef jerky :( and I don't mind if you move it to Reinvent yourself. I posted it cause it sounded tasty and interesting.