So I binged Totse and got this

LSA KingLSA King Regular
edited August 2010 in Spurious Generalities
Annnnnnddd we aren't their, yet. But despite all the bullshit Totse knock offs (including Zoklet and Totse2) I did manage to see Totse.com still hold the strong #5 spot even though the URL is dead (lol). Scrolling down I gazed upon a bigger blurb that asked a simple question.

untitl-1278653424.jpg

So I clicked, and my evening was made. It's good to come back and stumble upon the history of Totse every now and then. I got a hearty laugh tonight as I scrolled to this part.

Media attention

TOTSE has been featured in the media, usually for members committing crimes or for its controversial text files. The site also appears on a 2006 Australian anti-terrorism poster[3] and a television advertisement.

Recent attention is due to the "hacking" of an electronic car park sign in Crawley, England, designed to display the number of spaces left for each car park. The top two displays were replaced with "Fuck" and "Off", while the lower display read "totse".[4][5]

A number of TOTSE members placed prank telephone calls to Live Prayer with Bill Keller starting on November 21, 2006. When another TOTSE member reported them to Keller via email, he threatened legal action against TOTSE, specifically stating that the prank calls amounted to "conspiracy to obstruct commerce".[6] The situation was later resolved when a TOTSE moderator contacted Keller and apologized.[citation needed]

You can read the rest down below, but I thought I'd share this experience to remind people what made us famous :).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TOTSE

Comments