My iPad Review

edited September 2010 in Spurious Generalities
My mom's the manager at a big publishing company and they're getting into the whole ebook thing, so she got this thing to mess around with.

5 things that would've made the iPad not suck:

1. Better battery. At full brightness, browsing the web or doing anything media related, watch the battery drop at 1% a minute, at best.

2. OSX. iOS - seriously? WTF Apple? With iOS it's nothing more than a giant iPod Touch.

3. Mobile TV. Cable/Sky/Satellite or whatever it's called where you live. That would kick ass unimaginably.

4. Bigger screen. As can be seen in the pic, my netbook has a slightly bigger screen, yet the iPad has a large frame of empty space around its screen.

5. Bluetooth. Again, seriously? Not being able to share and transfer files is just the kind of shit I expect Steve (blow)Jobs to pull.

The only thing I enjoyed a lot was Google Maps and Street View - the touch screen makes it AWSOME, but that wasn't even made by Apple. All-in-all, it's crap. Don't buy it. Wait for the iPad 2, or whatever.

dsc00652g.jpg

Comments

• edited September 2010
  • edited September 2010
    Interesting review. I played around on one of these a few weeks ago. It kinda works... But its just a large ipod touch.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited September 2010
    Dude fuck any product made by apple. I've bought Ipod's before and they sucked. Zune was so much better. All apple products are overpriced shiny hype machines that will break the second you look at them wrong. Seriously fuck apple and everything they stand for.
  • DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited September 2010
    The battery drops 1% a minute at full brightness?

That blows. Intense media surfing would kill the poor thing under 2 hours.

As for Sanchez, not all Apple products 'suck'.
    The iPhone's pretty decent and it's not as overpriced when compared to other bestselling smartphones. As for iMacs, they're just for show. If ya got the money, it won't hurt your pocket.
  • HelladamnleetHelladamnleet Banned
    edited September 2010
    Dude fuck any product made by apple. I've bought Ipod's before and they sucked. Zune was so much better. All apple products are overpriced shiny hype machines that will break the second you look at them wrong. Seriously fuck apple and everything they stand for.

That's funny because I just went on the zune site to try and point out the obvious price issue with the zune, but apparently none of the zunes are being sold online anymore. Kinda makes you wonder why they would stop selling them if they are so much better than iPod. I'm also kind of curious why if they break so easy, I still know people with FIRST GEN iPod's that have been dropped 10,000 times and still work great.
  • edited September 2010
    Zune? Hmm... don't think so. Don't get me wrong; I'm not an Apple hater. I have an iPod and use a Mac. For the same amount of money rather get a good netbook and an iPod touch. If you're going to carry something the size of an iPad around, you may aswell carry around a netbook - that does 10x what the iPad can do. Between that and the iPod, you'll get far longer battery life out of the two of them.