Studying Methods/Tips/Suggestions

BitterConflictBitterConflict Regular
edited October 2010 in Spurious Generalities
How do you guise study for your classes?

I usually study the day before the exam. I know it's not as efficient as much now, because I'm about to finish my GE classes. And this semester I just started taking classes that follow into my major. They're hard as fuck and I guess I got to somehow practice it on a day-to-day basis. I hope I break my habit soon.

Also the more I advance in college, the less I see hawt chicks in my classes. :(

Comments

• MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited October 2010
    What year are you in?

In first year, casual studying a couple days before worked perfect for me. But now in second year, I've had to increase my studying a bit. I usually start about a week before, look through my notes once a day, textbook once every day or two days. The most important thing is to do as many questions as I can find. If I exhaust all sample exams and provided practice problems, I google for more. Practice makes perfect is absolutely true.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited October 2010
    Study and keep up with it every day, review 2 days before and the day before the test. Much easier than trying to cram it all in one night.
  • BitterConflictBitterConflict Regular
    edited October 2010
    Haha I'm in my third. :o
    My first year I had to retake my high school classes. I did get my high school diploma, but I didn't really learned shit in high school. I dropped out a total of 4 classes throughout my college semesters, but managed to receive 2 W's on my transcript while still saving my high gpa. I just couldn't handle the stress properly. The problem was I signed up for a lot hard classes, instead of taking 2 easy classes and 2 hard ones. It's gonna take me this year and next year for me to transfer into a uni. It's really difficult to balance school with life. It's self-discipline that helps a person get through college and I need to get a job as well. It's gonna suck because my classmates that have jobs are struggling to pass the classes because work and other classes are occupying them as well. Whatever the case is, I need to devise a decent study plan for my semester.

*sigh I had to drop out of my finite math class. I didn't study it on a day-to-day basis. I was suppost to, but I procrasterbated 'til the day of the exam. I got a 59% on it. :( I thought I could still pass the class with a B or so, but I looked what was on the next exam and gave up. I was also occupied with my other classes, but my priorities are fucked up and I got to fix them asap.
    edited October 2010
    Oh and another tip: Sometimes I post the interesting things I learn in class here. Really cements the stuff into my head. Rewriting things in your own words is great for studying.
    edited October 2010
    Haha I'm in my third. :o
    My first year I had to retake my high school classes. I did get my high school diploma, but I didn't really learned shit in high school. I dropped out a total of 4 classes throughout my college semesters, but managed to receive 2 W's on my transcript while still saving my high gpa. I just couldn't handle the stress properly. The problem was I signed up for a lot hard classes, instead of taking 2 easy classes and 2 hard ones. It's gonna take me this year and next year for me to transfer into a uni. It's really difficult to balance school with life. It's self-discipline that helps a person get through college and I need to get a job as well. It's gonna suck because my classmates that have jobs are struggling to pass the classes because work and other classes are occupying them as well. Whatever the case is, I need to devise a decent study plan for my semester.

*sigh I had to drop out of my finite math class. I didn't study it on a day-to-day basis. I was suppost to, but I procrasterbated 'til the day of the exam. I got a 59% on it. :( I thought I could still pass the class with a B or so, but I looked what was on the next exam and gave up. I was also occupied with my other classes, but my priorities are fucked up and I got to fix them asap.

One of the most important things I've learned is that if you don't have to take it, don't take it :o

What's important is to find a study method that works for you. Everybody has a different way. Some people like to study at school, and I go 'WTF How do you study at school?' :o If you want, post your plan here and let's see what we can come up with :)
    edited October 2010
    ^I have to take it for my major. Sadly, I already told you how I study for my classes and it's quite depressing. :( I plan on studying during the weekends more and relax only on Thursdays and Fridays. Let's see how this goes for the next couple of weeks. If it doesn't work, then I'll ask for more advice and help. Thx for the help, much appreciated.
  • edited October 2010
    I don't take classes I don't already know about. Then I show up the first day and every day I am required to turn in homework or take a quiz/test and don't bother studying.
    :mad:FUCK TEACHERS WHO GIVE SURPRISE QUIZES:mad:
  • DailyDaily Regular
    edited October 2010
    I study in the toilet when I'm taking a shit. My shits are long, so I get more out of studying. Also, I have to study with music on and shit. Mostly gangsta rap from The Game or something, or maybe jazz with www.rainymood.com in the background.
    edited October 2010
    ^ What ever floats your boat. lol

Music is effective when I study as well. It helps me remember stuff along with the beats.