so im going to have my drving test .

blindbatblindbat Regular
edited November 2010 in Spurious Generalities
soon. :facepalm: finally . i haz a question when you went to take your test . did they make you parallel park , how big was the space? wonder if they're going make me do it and give me a nice big space.

Comments

• KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
    edited November 2010
    Fuck I need to get my permit. Problem is, I can only drive with an adult for 6 fucking months. Then I can get a license. Second problem: car insurance is too goddamn expensive.

I'll stick with my bike FTM.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited November 2010
    Just watch some Google videos about Parking Test and driving tests. And just be confident and trust yourself. Watch the mirrors and get a good angle. The space should be enough to get your car in.

P.S: I hate parallel parking as well.
  • MooseKnuckleMooseKnuckle Regular
    edited November 2010
    aren't you blind OP? yeah they do make you parallel park in the test, and i parked a boat of a vehicle (86 Caddilac Fleetwood) and there was hardly any room on both sides, but i made it. So if you plan on using a smaller car should be no problem. def look both ways before turning, use your mirrors, and blinkers.
  • SkittlesSkittles Regular
    edited November 2010
    I've known some people who had to parallel park for their licence, but they said the space was ginormous.
  • blindbatblindbat Regular
    edited November 2010
    Fuck I need to get my permit. Problem is, I can only drive with an adult for 6 fucking months. Then I can get a license. Second problem: car insurance is too goddamn expensive.

I'll stick with my bike FTM.

it's gonna be high if the car is pretty newish , but if its like before 95' and not a classy bmw , lexus . then its prolly gonna be low maybe 50 - 100 a month that still sorta high but @least its not gonna be 200 + for a sorta newish car.

Dfg wrote: »
    Just watch some Google videos about Parking Test and driving tests. And just be confident and trust yourself. Watch the mirrors and get a good angle. The space should be enough to get your car in.

P.S: I hate parallel parking as well.

lol i do . they make it seem so easy . hopefully it will.
    When i took my test they gave me a spot that was maybe 1 foot longer than my car on each side so all you have to really do right is avoid hitting the curb and make sure you park straight.

lol sounds like the instructor was a asshole. i'll need atleast 2' 6" on both sides to feel fully confident.
    aren't you blind OP? yeah they do make you parallel park in the test, and i parked a boat of a vehicle (86 Caddilac Fleetwood) and there was hardly any room on both sides, but i made it. So if you plan on using a smaller car should be no problem. def look both ways before turning, use your mirrors, and blinkers.

yea but i've got super sonar . :p:thumbsup: .
  • edited November 2010
    If they're going to make you parallel park, they'll make sure you can actually get into the space first!

Personally, I didn't have to do it on my test but I practiced it a shit load before I took it.
  • SHANE14SHANE14 Regular
    edited November 2010
    we get 6 metres space to parallel park in our test :facepalm:. We get so anally scrutinized for tiny details but you don't have to have any skill at all.
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited November 2010
    spazz wrote: »
    E-Brake.....
    Complete with a double 360 while skulling on a bottle of whiskey with jumpers from the coil to your nipples. MMmmmm.:fap:
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited November 2010
    What's wrong with parallel parking? If you're worthy of a license, it'll be easier than pie. I love parallel parking :hai:
  • Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited November 2010
    How old are you katz, and where do you live?
  • abrnabrn Abrn
    edited November 2010
    I don't know why the fuck people worry about parallel parking, its like two turns of the fuckin wheel. Obviously you shouldn't have a problem following road rules, blinkers, speeds, right of way, and shit, but make sure you look around a lot while changing lanes and turning and shit and just drive super pro and courteously, the tester is going to be watching you more than watching your simple driving tasks.
  • blindbatblindbat Regular
    edited November 2010
    i found out that they're not gonna make me parallel park. :thumbsup: