vBookie for vBulletin v4.x

Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
edited December 2010 in Help and Suggestions
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=233473

I got this idea from reading and posting in the NFL Week 10 thread. It would be really sweet if every week those of us who have a mind to could bet "vCash" on NFL, MLB, NBA, and NHL using this mod, vCash, and the actual Las Vegas lines.
vBookie is a 'bookmakers' or betting extension to vBulletin. It enables authorised members to post Events and Outcomes that forum members can bet on. Each Outcome has its own set of odds, and odds can be modified through the life of an Event (bets that are placed are stored with the prevailing odds, so even if the odds change, your users are paid at the correct rate).

Once the results are known, Events can be settled and forums members awarded their winnings.

vBookie uses its own vCash by default, but this has no more use than as 'bragging rights'.

Although vBookie does not have any built-in facility to integrate with any other store hacks, it's a very simple job to hack vBookie itself to integrate it with any store/points system you care to use.
Since it is an official "prefab" vBulletin mod it won't be difficult to implement.
Install Instructions
1. Unzip product file
2. Upload files from 'Upload' folder to your forum
3. Install product XML
4. Edit "newthread" template as per readme.txt ionstructions
5. Set usergroup permissions
6. Set vBookie settings
7. Enjoy.
\\

I think this is an excellent idea which would create lots of traffic in the sports section. As I was a craps dealer in Las Vegas for over 10 years and also worked for Jim Fiest, Wayne Root, and National Sports (all sports handicapping services) I would be happy to be an authorized user of the vBookie mod for the purpose of keeping the lines and events current for all 4 major sports in the U.S.

Comments

• DfgDfg Admin
    edited November 2010
    Although I love the idea and woul love to implement it and even allow you to run it, at this point I simply can't.

The reason is simple:
    We're using 3.8 version. And both the hacks and mods don't work on it. If you can find something that works with 3.8.6 Patch 1, I will be more than happy to do it.

But since we're working on a layout, it's quite possible we might move to Vbulletin 4 in future. So, I will keep this in mind :).

Hell, I will make a thread about it.

Thanks for the idea.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited December 2010
    DFG, any word on the VB upgrade?

Or maybe there is a work around in this thread;

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=94128
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited December 2010
    This Hack is unsopported and incompatible with vBulletin 3.6+
    You are hereby advised to not use it.
    Please do not ask me about support and/or updates - there will be none.

I have most of things under control :). As soon as I am finished with finishing current Totse development, I will work on the Vbull 4 Version. But first I need to learn everything.