Moved to Altus host and reloaded old DB.AND
CrestedGecko.jpg
Personal Favorite:D

Comments

• edited July 2010
    I noticed the move.
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited July 2010
    Image resize :). Nice. Of course we all noticed the move, we never leave the forums lol.

I look forward to now the real progress beginning. Making history, one thread at a time :)
  • Rumple ForeskinRumple Foreskin Regular
    edited July 2010
    good news. i was wondering what was with the forum rollback. thanks for the update. im glad everything went smoothly
    edited July 2010
    Hellish you said something about the big task of restoring all the links goes. I think it was in reference to the archives once the host switch is finished and all main site links are up and running.

Besides the obvious size of restoring all those old threads and what not I was thinking if you do decide to take on that project down the road maybe teaching some of us how it goes (like database entry) so we could contribute in chunks like distributed servers and make it more feasible and less monumentous. I know Dfg has no life, because I have even less. If I can help you guys restore the archives I'd do whatever I could :p. Oh and cheers on the new server upgrade forgot to thank you for the hard work.
  • HellishHellish Regular
    edited July 2010
    One thing im stuck with is turning All the articles into a blog. HTML for each one would be hell.
  • PacoPaco me administrator
    edited July 2010
    we lost a fair amount of posts...

you should have taken the site down before the move.
  • ILTST9ILTST9 Regular
    edited July 2010
    I lost posts and I'M MAD :mad:
  • Dr. AwkwardDr. Awkward Regular
    edited July 2010
    I lost ALL my posts
    what is this :mad:
  • Brock SamsonBrock Samson Regular
    edited July 2010
    I lost a good 40 posts, oh well.

It's great that we moved, I gotta unpack all these damn boxes.
  • MandatorySuicideMandatorySuicide Semo-Regulars
    edited July 2010
    Any chance of retrieving the threads that were lost? I posted one that meant a lot to me, and there's not much of a point in trying to rewrite it if the responses are also gone. :(
  • 1357913579 Death Cog Machine
    edited July 2010
    Cool shit. I'd be willing to help with whatever I can, fixing links and whatnot.
    Paco wrote: »
    we lost a fair amount of posts...

you should have taken the site down before the move.

Noticed that...wondered where 3 pages of a topic I posted in went :p

Ah well, no huge loss as far as I know. Lazarus is fucking amazing, thanks Dfg :D
  • SkittlesSkittles Regular
    edited July 2010
    I lost a thread :(
    edited July 2010
    Oshit. More losses than I thought...

To prevent this from happening again, people might want to install the firefox addon Lazarus. Dfg posted it the other day, saves everything you type and encrypts what it saves. Already saved my ass 3 times.

http://lazarus.interclue.com/
  • edited July 2010
    I lost 3 threads I made and like 20 some posts.
  • Dr. AwkwardDr. Awkward Regular
    edited July 2010
    Thanks for Lazarus. Too late now, but whatever I only had like 30 posts and maybe 3 topics.
  • edited July 2010
    I'll remake my threads when I get home from work, at least we're on a more reliable server. Thanks Hellish. Also if you set up donations I'd be willing to pitch in.
    edited July 2010
    Heh, thank Dfg...he made a thread about it here
    edited July 2010
    I've been posting from an itouch, and my post count popped back up.

Anyone know how to fix the av?
  • edited July 2010
    I've been posting from an itouch, and my post count popped back up.

Anyone know how to fix the av?

It's been going up and down and up and down for me. And one of my PM's keeps disappearing and reappearing. This post probably will too.
  • HellishHellish Regular
    edited July 2010
    Brock I edited it. I dont think retrieving threads now is a good idea. All new threads will disappear as well.
  • edited July 2010
    Skittles wrote: »
    I lost a thread :(

The Semi-Official Hunting Thread got ass-raped.
  • edited July 2010
    Hellish wrote: »
    . All new threads will disappear as well.

I think they're laughing at us ...
  • MandatorySuicideMandatorySuicide Semo-Regulars
    edited July 2010
    Brock I edited it. I dont think retrieving threads now is a good idea. All new threads will disappear as well.

Are you talking about the original Totse threads, or the ones from the past couple of days that were lost? If the latter, it hasn't been that long since you switched, has it? I think you'd regain a whole lot more than you lost. It seems to have been very busy lately, so that's a lot of posts... :/
    edited July 2010
    The Semi-Official Hunting Thread got ass-raped.

I reposted it brah.
    edited July 2010

Roger that.
  • MantikoreMantikore Regular
    edited July 2010
    quit yo bitchn' about lost posts. 20-40 posts is hardly anything in the grand scheme of things.

ps. liserds!:o
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2010
    Any chance of retrieving the threads that were lost? I posted one that meant a lot to me, and there's not much of a point in trying to rewrite it if the responses are also gone. :(

Unfortunately, I can't find that thread in my Lazarus DB. I didn't quote your post :(. I will try finding it.
  • GreenbullGreenbull Regular
    edited July 2010
    There's merit in retrieving even if it means losing some posts after that date because a lot of people made a lot of posts and it basically ruins a thread when everything has been deleted; no one's going to have the same discussion again.

Then again in a week or so it'll be forgotten.
  • HTS-NoobHTS-Noob Regular
    edited July 2010
    LSA King wrote: »
    I know Dfg has no life, because I have even less.

This. If you need someone to manually add all the old threads, I have all the time in the world. T__T
  • DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited July 2010
    Quit your bitching on the post lose.

The site's much more stable now.
  • DaSkipperDaSkipper Regular
    edited July 2010
    Is this site hosted in the US?
  • HellishHellish Regular
    edited July 2010
    Nope, hosted in belize.
  • Native ReserveNative Reserve Regular
    edited July 2010
    edited July 2010
    Nope, hosted in belize.

A lot of my "illegal" sites are starting to pop up being hosted there. Doesn't it have really bad Cyber laws or something?
  • lepfouplelepfouple Semo-Regulars
    edited March 2011
    ûðâïàë
  • edited March 2011
    Seeing as this thread has been bumped by a lame ass spam bot, can we turn it into a thread dedicated to how little we miss Altushost, and how much Vineman's server kicks ass? :D

I really fucking hate Altushost. They were slow, offered a horrific lack of customer support and they put our site offline every few days for no apparent reason. In short, they suck dick and I'm glad to see them gone.