Make Fangly's Beef Curry Lentil Stew

fanglekaifanglekai Regular
edited December 2010 in Life

Comments

• fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited December 2010
    I wish I could give everyone a sample. It smells AMAZING and it's so good. Almost done cooking! Should be maybe 10 more minutes to get the lentils just right.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited December 2010
    If only we had smellovision :(

eatfantasticmeals.gif
    edited December 2010
    I ate this with a chocolate stout from the Fort Collins Brewery in Colorado. It was a wise choice. Spicy lentils and beef with a nice dark, rich beer. Amazing combo.
  • edited December 2010
    Hmm, maybe we should raise money to improve the site by publishing a &t cookbook? Nothing fancy, a ring bound color printer job, you down Fangly?
    I used to cook a lot of indian food, but I got a little bored with it, not to mention the smell loses a little of it's charm when you smell it on the bus everyday. This looks pretty damn good, stout's and IPA's pair very well with indian food. Fuck, I need a day off so I can throw down a couple of guides.
    C/O
    "dammit, just one day without work, sleep, weed, and blowjobs, yeah, that'd be nice"
    edited December 2010
    Let's do it. An &T cookbook would rock.
  • edited December 2010
    Question is, would anyone pay for it.$10+shipping is about all we can expect the average cash strapped totsean to pony up. I will get some quotes on a 20 page plastic spiral bound notebook style with 5 color plates(I figure we can put 3-5 photo's on each one). If we can keep production to $5 and sell 50 I would be happy and I'm sure Hellish would appreciate a shiny bag of nickels.
    I'm sure we will have no shortage of material, and I think the recipes included should be reflective of &t members, that is to say, just because something is weird or silly, like, oh, I dunno' "waffle snowmen?", doesn't mean we shouldn't include it. Not too many though.
    I'll open a thread with some guidelines for submissions when I have some time, and lets see what happens. Worst case scenario, we do it as a downloadable .pdf, no cash, but much easier.
    C/O
    "Of course my name comes first on the editing credits, it's umm.. alphabetical, right thats it, alphabetical, no ego involved, none whatsoever"
    edited December 2010
    Great idea. Waffle snowmen is fucking win, though. I'm drooling just thinking about them! I will make one someday soon :o