Assemble A Computer [Published]

PacoPaco me administrator
edited April 2011 in Tech & Games
So some friends and I attempted to create a TV/YouTube show about basic tech/geeky stuff and we finished the first episode.

Its kinda like a pilot I guess but I'm hoping Episode 2 will be much better. Anyway, its currently airing on a local channel in my town but I was looking for some feedback/tips/comments, etc. from some people in order to make it a little better.

Thanks, Paco.

Comments

• Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited December 2010
    Which one is you, so I can tell you you're gay.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited December 2010
    Gary Oak wrote: »
    Which one is you, so I can tell you you're gay.

He's the one in the stripes named tyler.
  • DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited December 2010
    The guy with the blue shirt is nervous as hell. Nigga's ugly too.

:facepalm: at the fake comments.
  • PacoPaco me administrator
    edited December 2010
    Dysgraphia wrote: »
    The guy with the blue shirt is nervous as hell. Nigga's ugly too.

:facepalm: at the fake comments.

Actually, Only one of them is fake :P

And which blue shirt, the light blue or the dark blue?

And yea, Im the hipster faggot.
  • DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited December 2010
    Paco wrote: »
    Actually, Only one of them is fake :P

And which blue shirt, the light blue or the dark blue?

And yea, Im the hipster faggot.
    Dark blue shirt.

You ghetto wannabe hipster faggot.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited December 2010
    lol you look out of place :p
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited December 2010
    i see two emo indie faggot hipster queerbaits so i will not watch the vid :o
    lawl just kidding. Good work
  • Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited December 2010
    So which store do you prefer? Urban Outfitters or Hot topic.
  • duuudeduuude Regular
    edited December 2010
    Nice video.
    edited December 2010
    Dysgraphia wrote: »
    Dark blue shirt.

You ghetto wannabe hipster faggot.

;)
    Mayberry wrote: »
    lol you look out of place :p

Meh, Anthony's has been my best friend since first grade. Hanging out with people like myself is somewhat boring to me.
    fanglekai wrote: »
    i see two emo indie faggot hipster queerbaits so i will not watch the vid :o
    lawl just kidding. Good work

Two? I thought it was just me lol.
    Gary Oak wrote: »
    So which store do you prefer? Urban Outfitters or Hot topic.

Hot Topic. Urban Outfitters is fucking stupid. I buy my shit everywhere though, I'm poor as fuck so i buy what ever is cheaper and more comfortable.
  • TheGreenDoctorTheGreenDoctor Regular
    edited December 2010
    Why no heatsink compound on the cpu?
  • KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
    edited December 2010

This :angry:
    edited December 2010
    Arctic silver 5 ftw
    edited December 2010
    fanglekai wrote: »
    Arctic silver 5 ftw

Nothing conducts heat better than diamond. http://www.amazon.com/DIAMOND-CARAT-GRAM-THERMAL-COMPOUND/dp/B0042IEVD8

Seriously, diamond has a thermal conductivity of 2000W/(m·K). A diamond heatsink could passively cool a quad core CPU.
    edited December 2010
    ya and cost $$$$$$
  • edited December 2010
    This shit is surprisingly awesome. Got it with a Prolimatech Megahalems Heatsink, and it hasn't failed me yet. CPU is cool as fuck.

am.jpg
    edited December 2010

Lol, I said the same thing to everyone the day we shot it. We forgot to grab some and said fuck it.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited December 2010
    Since this is a Totse user project I will try to help.

Just try to keep up:
    Consider if Dfg was doing this show what will he do.

For starters Dfg would have a cool intro which isn't generic and doesn't use simple editing.He would have a well-balanced intro which shows different gadgets and components in the background.

Then when I do the pilot, we all would be standing I would have two camera recording the event from different angles. Then I we will introduce ourselves and give a brief summary about the show and how we conducts things. Now before that you must have a layout planned for segments.

When it comes to the computer building, I will guide them through each component in order. Only one guy will assemble the things and the other one will talk about the component. The third guy would have a board for illustrating some stuff in details.

The show would be aimed at layman people but it will add some tech pointers. Plus I wouldn't go into building stuff directly. I will walk them through each element in 1 two 2 min segments.

Like what is a processor?
    A chart or short animation or white board with marker can help you in telling people what really is a processor. You can then tell them about Processor manufactures and the models. You don't need to teach history. Just a simple P4 to i7 overview would be okay.

When it comes to component I would get close shots, and when it comes to HDD we will talk about HDD speeds and which should be used for Desktops.

You can easily do tons of stuff with this.

Watch Tekzilla, Hak5 and HD Nation to get an idea how to conduct Tech Shows. You need to revamp things and make the show appealing mate.

Overall a nice effort.

I am going to sleep.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited December 2010
    Oh, you better include Totse fucking info support on that fucking channel. If you do you will get more OPEN FEEDBACK and a chance to advertise Totse. Plus, you don't need to tell about your nick etc. Just point them to the CMS like, we're going to build things using this guide taken from totse.info etc.

I am flooded with ideas atm and I DON"T WANT TO POST THEM ALL HERE.

Post in this thread and tell us more about this project.
    edited December 2010
    Id love to advertise for totse on it but its for a local broadcast channel and I'm not aloud to add any advertisements.
    edited December 2010
    Paco wrote: »
    Lol, I said the same thing to everyone the day we shot it. We forgot to grab some and said fuck it.

Let's see how many computers die due to your negligence.
  • spoonfulspoonful Semo-Regulars
    edited December 2010
    Dfg wrote: »
    Who's this Dfg...bit fucking harsh and patronising on the guy, telling him how to do it step by step. It's his show being made for real people, not some shit internet message board.

Anyway, most modern processors will clock down and drastically reduce core voltage if it overheats in order to save itself from destruction. There's a video on YouTube where someone removes the heatsink from a P4-D (more heat output than a Core 2 Duo or i5) running a game. It freezes and then recovers once the machine is rebooted with the heatsink in place.

AMDs didn't do this until fairly recently though.
  • AmieAmie Regular
    edited December 2010
    spoonful wrote: »
    Who's this Dfg...bit fucking harsh and patronising on the guy, telling him how to do it step by step. It's his show being made for real people, not some shit internet message board.

When you've been here as long as Paco has (and I have), you know DFG well enough not to take offense to his criticism. He's trying to help, not insulting. This is Totse: you can say what you want how you want it and when you want it. Paco asked the opinion of Totse and DFG gave his honest opinion.

Off course, you can also give your opinion, and if it's your opinion DFG's being a cocky asshole, feel free to tell him and everyone of us so. Welcome to the temple, and enjoy your freedom.

On topic: Leaving out thermal compound is a MAJOR flaw. I wouldn't have put it online without it, it's too important. If you're actually trying to teach somebody incapable of assembling a PC how to assemble one you have to mention every essential point. Otherwise the viewer won't know it, meaning he won't do it.
    edited December 2010
    Let's see how many computers die due to your negligence.

Ok haha, I'll keep you updated if I get any complaints to the the support e-mail.
    spoonful wrote: »

Anyway, most modern processors will clock down and drastically reduce core voltage if it overheats in order to save itself from destruction. There's a video on YouTube where someone removes the heatsink from a P4-D (more heat output than a Core 2 Duo or i5) running a game. It freezes and then recovers once the machine is rebooted with the heatsink in place.

AMDs didn't do this until fairly recently though.

It's all good, See the below post. DFG is my homeboy.
    Amie wrote: »
    When you've been here as long as Paco has (and I have), you know DFG well enough not to take offense to his criticism. He's trying to help, not insulting. This is Totse: you can say what you want how you want it and when you want it. Paco asked the opinion of Totse and DFG gave his honest opinion.

Off course, you can also give your opinion, and if it's your opinion DFG's being a cocky asshole, feel free to tell him and everyone of us so. Welcome to the temple, and enjoy your freedom.

On topic: Leaving out thermal compound is a MAJOR flaw. I wouldn't have put it online without it, it's too important. If you're actually trying to teach somebody incapable of assembling a PC how to assemble one you have to mention every essential point. Otherwise the viewer won't know it, meaning he won't do it.

Yea I know its a huge flaw, I have no idea how We're going to fix it lol, its already being aired on TV.
  • edited December 2010
    If there's another episode, just point out that you made the mistake of not mentioning the thermal paste last time.

Also if you're lucky, the heatsink which CPU's come with have thermal paste already on them - I know my stock Intel HS did.
    edited December 2010
    trx100 wrote: »
    If there's another episode, just point out that you made the mistake of not mentioning the thermal paste last time.

Also if you're lucky, the heatsink which CPU's come with have thermal paste already on them - I know my stock Intel HS did.

Yea I'll probably do that. Yea the CPU we were using also already had thermal paste on it.
  • edited December 2010
    Also, a way which would allow you to get totse's name out would be to read out comments from previous videos. All it would take is one totsean to say something like "the community at totse.info have seen your video blah blah"

You wouldn't be directly advertising, just reading a comment.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited April 2011
    Taken from: Technophiliacs & Technophiles
    CMS Status: