Police criticized for apologizing to Ottawa Muslims for Ramadan arrests

MayberryMayberry Regular
edited January 2011 in Spurious Generalities
http://www.vancouversun.com/life/Police+criticized+apologizing+Ottawa+Muslims+Ramadan+arrests/4072457/story.html

OTTAWA — There is one law for all Canadians, and no religious group should expect special treatment when it comes to enforcement of the law, Prime Minister Stephen Harper said Thursday.

The remarks were made in response to reports that RCMP officers had apologized for arresting Muslims on terrorism-related charges during the Islamic holy month of Ramadan.

On Aug. 25, the RCMP and Ottawa Police arrested two Ottawa men — Hiva Muhammad Alizadeh, Misbahuddin Ahmed — on terrorism-related charges. A third man, Khurram Syed Sher, was arrested elsewhere.

The next day, Aug. 26, the RCMP and city police staged a special, hour-long meeting with members of Ottawa's Muslim community with the ostensible purpose of ensuring them that their community was not regarded with undue suspicion despite the arrests. However, at least one officer was heard apologizing during meeting for the arrests having occurred during Ramadan, which ran last year from Aug. 12 to Sept. 9.

Asked Thursday about the apology, Harper said: "In fairness this is an operational matter for the RCMP and I wouldn't pretend to know all the details and aspects of the story. But the general approach that this government would expect to see (from law enforcement agencies) is that the law, our important laws, are enforced every day of the year."

Prominent members of the Muslim Canadian Congress applauded the prime minister's remarks, saying it is about time that senior government officials emphasized the unitary nature of Canadian law, and that religious sentiment cannot be allowed to interfere with the law.

"He (Harper) is right," said Salma Siddiqui, vice president of the Congress. "We have one law in Canada and it applies to everybody. We need to stop all this political correctness."

"The notion that in Ramadan you can't arrest people is so foolish," Tarek Fatah, a founding member of the Congress, told a Calgary radio station.

There is no reason for police to explain or apologize to the Muslim community when they arrest a Muslim, Siddiqui said. The notion that Muslims needs special treatment or that their religious sensibilities need to be addressed is both patronizing and condescending, and effectively sets Muslims apart from other Canadians.

"Why are they ghettoizing us?" she asked. "We should be treated like ordinary Canadians."

Siddiqui attended the Aug. 25 meeting, and while she could not remember which RCMP officer issued the apology, she recalled there being one.

"There was an apology because of the month of Ramadan. He said the RCMP were sorry the arrest was made during Ramadan. He also said they would keep the meeting short because it was breaking the fast of Ramadan."

Siddiqui found the whole outreach exercise irritating. "At the meeting I commented, 'Would you apologize to other Canadians if you arrested someone on Christmas?'"

Siddiqui said police diversity committees should be dismantled because they have been taken over by what she referred to as "Islamists."

Fatah echoed that view, saying too many Canadians institutions, including the RCMP, are crumbling beneath the pressures of political correctness and are making themselves susceptible to infiltration by extremists.

At the time of the August meeting — sponsored by the RCMP A Division's Diversity Consultation Committee and the Ottawa Police department's Community and Police Action Committee — RCMP spokesman Cpl. Wayne Russett said it was intended "to open the lines of communications, to dispel any rumours and alleviate any fears" following the arrests.

However, prior to the meeting, Russett reportedly wrote to would-be participants in an email, saying: "To show support to our Muslim brothers and sisters during Ramadan, there will be not food or drink during this most important meeting. This meeting is for one hour only, in order to observe prayer time and the breaking of the fast during Ramadan."

The phrase "Muslim brothers and sisters" is commonly used among members of the Muslim Brotherhood, which has long been recognized as the intellectual source of al-Qaida and other Islamist campaigns.

Now this is a step in the proper direction. Butthurt and PC is a waste of brain cells, and it's good to see the Muslims on board with this.

Comments

• edited January 2011
    Mayberry wrote: »
    Now this is a step in the proper direction. Butthurt and PC is a waste of brain cells, and it's good to see the Muslims on board with this.

Most Muslims are in all honesty decent people, but just like every other religion a few people fuck it up for everyone else. They :facepalm: at the radicals just like us white folks :facepalm: at Westboro Baptist Church.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited January 2011
    Yeh, I'm just saying if it was blacks, they'd probably be much less gracious. When there's all this PC shit going around, it's nice to see stories like these pop up here and there.
  • edited January 2011
    Vineman wrote: »
    Most Muslims are in all honesty decent people, but just like every other religion a few people fuck it up for everyone else. They :facepalm: at the radicals just like us white folks :facepalm: at Westboro Baptist Church.

AHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA
    Keep believing that, libtard, maybe they'll spare you when they take over because you are the lone non-"islamophobe" in the west.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited January 2011

Are you fucking serious?:facepalm: Go ahead and move to Saudi Arabia or Afghanistan or maybe Somalia since most of them are decent normal people. Because those places arent backwards at all right?:rolleyes:
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited January 2011
    Most Muslims are in all honesty decent people, but just like every other religion a few people fuck it up for everyone else.
    Word! :thumbsup:
    edited January 2011
    bornkiller wrote: »
    Word! :thumbsup:

What the fuck BK I expected better from you:mad: The Muslim is backwards in almost every way. Even Dfg whose in pakistan admits most Muslims are backwards idiots.
    edited January 2011
    What the fuck BK I expected better from you:mad: The Muslim is backwards in almost every way. Even Dfg whose in pakistan admits most Muslims are backwards idiots.
    Just saying it like I seen it bro. Honestly! I've never met an asshole Muslim. They've all been friendly and pretty cool.
    When I meet the ones you're talking about, I promise to come in here & correct my post for you bro. ;)
    edited January 2011
    Just saying it like I seen it bro. Honestly! I've never met an asshole Muslim. They've all been friendly and pretty cool.
    When I meet the ones you're talking about, I promise to come in here & correct my post for you bro. ;)

When you meet the ones I talk about you wont have a chance because we'll be seeing your head on Al Jazeera. At that point you will regret not heading my warning.
    edited January 2011
    When you meet the ones I talk about you wont have a chance because we'll be seeing your head on Al Jazeera. At that point you will regret not heading my warning.
    :eek:Woah! Have you physically met them?
    edited January 2011
    :eek:Woah! Have you physically met them?

No but they exist. Muslims are dangerous and backwards. The Muslim views you as an infidel and as someone worthy of death. It's all in the koran.
    edited January 2011
    "No" but they exist." Muslims are dangerous and backwards. The Muslim views you as an infidel and as someone worthy of death. It's all in the koran.
    You keep putting that tooth under your pillow and milk and cookies near the christmas tree, brah. :o
    edited January 2011
    You keep putting that tooth under your pillow and milk and cookies near the christmas tree, brah. :o

Say what you want but when you get suicide bombed dont say DrtySanchez never warned you:o:o:o
    edited January 2011
    Say what you want but when you get suicide bombed dont say DrtySanchez never warned you:o:o:o
    ONOEZ teH Muslim has a bottle of diet coke and a pack of mentos.....Oh, why did I doubt DS? I feel so silly now I could just :facepalm:
    edited January 2011
    ONOEZ teH Muslim has a bottle of diet coke and a pack of mentos.....Oh, why did I doubt DS? I feel so silly now I could just :facepalm:

I actually prefer the Muslim to the nigger and spic who kills more Americans every year than any Muslim ever did but what you fail to realize is that all nonwhites need to be expelled from white nations. I would actually be completely in favor of giving America back to the Indian provided all non whites leave Europe. Each race belongs in there own country
    edited January 2011
    I actually prefer the Muslim to the nigger and spic who kills more Americans every year than any Muslim ever did but what you fail to realize is that all nonwhites need to be expelled from white nations. I would actually be completely in favor of giving America back to the Indian provided all non whites leave Europe. Each race belongs in there own country
    That wouldn't be so bad I guess. Just means I'd have travel all the way to Africa to get me a some of that hawt chocolate. ;);) if you know what I mean. :o
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited January 2011
    Unless something affects me personally, I don't really have strong opinions about it. I've hardly met any Muslims, and those that I have met were not trying to kill me :p

Filipinos on the other hand, now those are the niggers of the East :mad:
    edited January 2011
    That wouldn't be so bad I guess. Just means I'd have travel all the way to Africa to get me a some of that hawt chocolate. ;);) if you know what I mean. :o

Do not commit race treason man. It isn't right and you will hate yourself for it. Stick with white women.
    edited January 2011
    Do not commit race treason man. It isn't right and you will hate yourself for it. Stick with white women.
    I've never even met a black person from the US brah. :hai:
    Would it be ok to wear a condom dude? Could you really classify that as race treason? With protection and all. :confused:
    edited January 2011
    I've never even met a black person from the US brah. :hai:
    Would it be ok to wear a condom dude? Could you really classify that as race treason? With protection and all. :confused:

Yes this would still be race treason. Even if protection is used it is still race treason to sleep with minority's.
    edited January 2011
    Yes this would still be race treason. Even if protection is used it is still race treason to sleep with minority's.
    How come the nazi could rape jewish woman (although they did gas em after it) and slave owners could rape the black bitches. Today's racist sure know how to take the fun out of racism. :o
  • edited January 2011
    Are you fucking serious?:facepalm: Go ahead and move to Saudi Arabia or Afghanistan or maybe Somalia since most of them are decent normal people. Because those places arent backwards at all right?:rolleyes:

Only 20% of the entire Muslim population are Arab or North African. Judging every single Muslim person based on a 20% fraction that live in the middle east is like judging every single American Christian by how the 22% of African Christians act. Conversely, 61.9 percent of all Muslims live in The Asia-Pacific (Indonesia) region and the Indian subcontinent.

:thumbsup: Enjoy your racism and bigotry :thumbsup:
    edited January 2011
    Only 20% of the entire Muslim population are Arab or North African. Judging every single Muslim person based on a 20% fraction that live in the middle east is like judging every single American Christian by how the 22% of African Christians act. Conversely, 61.9 percent of all Muslims live in The Asia-Pacific (Indonesia) region and the Indian subcontinent.

They are still morons whether there terrorists or not. Hell I was just a big of moron as they are for being religous. And yes virtually every Muslim nation is backwards as fuck. In saudi Arabia they still crucify people for fucks sake.
  • edited January 2011

LOL brah it's not just in the middle east. Look at any problem in the world outside of Latin America and you will find moslems involved.
    :thumbsup:enjoy your blinders, sponsored by liberalism:thumbsup:
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited January 2011

What if I went some where like the Republic of Sierra Leone where blacks are in the majority? Is it ok to tap it then?
    edited January 2011
    Shouldn't we call them a majority considering there's probably more of them than us? After all I assume your talking about Asians as well and we both know how much of the world population Asia alone covers. To be honest, if some hot assed Asian chick asked for a fuck, I'd have my penis in her before we even hit the ground.....Come to think of it? If any hot chick of any race asked me for a fuck, I'd have to say yes....It'd be gay if I didn't.:confused:
  • KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
    edited January 2011
    There used to be some muslims that lived next to me and their little boy always came over and asked for cookies. I usually gave him some because he was like 5.

All and all they were nice people.